Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bakers Arms to The Poachers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2014 at 2:20pm
I ve just been told someone wants to buy and reopen the Poachers.
Sponsored Links

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2014 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Dave-R Dave-R wrote:

I ve just been told someone wants to buy and reopen the Poachers.

As a ?    If you remember a couple of months ago, there was speculation of it becoming a gambling / bookmaker type place.

Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2014 at 3:34pm
Apparently this guy wants to reopen it as the Poachers pub. Bring it back what to what it was, a pub for the youngsters.
phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2014 at 5:55pm
We need a proper pub, but not for youngsters, but for us in betweeners. The Three Oaks is too restaurantish, Village Hall too young, White Hart too many regulars giving funny looks. Greyhound is OK. GX has none other than the Ethorpe which is truly awful

foodfrom4.com
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2014 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by phisch21 phisch21 wrote:

White Hart too many regulars giving funny looks.

LOL I know what you mean
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2014 at 8:54pm
You missed the Waggon.
stop HS2.
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2014 at 9:02pm
And Dumb Bell.
The village is very fortunate to have such a number of pubs still and lost so few.
Robbo View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2014 at 5:49am
Is the Three Pigeons still open ? I think I only ever had one drink there and can't remember a dam thing about it.
But who will watch the watchers ?
born and bred View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote born and bred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2014 at 8:43am
The 3 Pigeons has been rebranded and is now the 3 Oaks. It is no longer a pub but more of a restaurant.
I believe the owner is Terry Wogan's daughter who has other restaurants / pubs. This happened a couple of years ago.
Times are changing and pubs need to adapt to survive.
Chalfont is very lucky to have so many places where you can stop and have a few beers and a chat.

local born and bred
charlie009 View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlie009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2016 at 7:48pm
The bakers arms changed to the poachers in the early 1980s I've got a video of one of my birthday's when I had a police women stripper some of my best days were spent in that pub I'm sure if you asked anyone in there mid fifty's you will hear some great stories there was a big brass ships Bell behind the bar but one of the landlords stole it we did go to Portsmouth to get it back but they refused and called the police so we positioned to the brewery but they had left was a big loss at the time !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>