Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Attack In GX CSP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attack In GX CSP
    Posted: 09 June 2018 at 10:49am
I was sent this from the Neighbourhood Watch Group

Sent: 08 June 2018 15:31
To: David Alder
Subject: Fwd: Violent attack in Gerrards Cross, urgent action needed.

Dear NHW Coordinator

This is not strictly NHW business, but I feel sure you won't mind me bringing it to your attention. Unfortunately IMMEDIATE action is to be preferred as the Petition attached is going to be handed in early next week. However, I feel that if this deadline is too short it may still help if additional names can be added gethered to further strengthen the case.

As below, please email signed forms back to me to pass on to the originators.

Regards

David

David Alder

NHW Area Multi-Scheme Administrator

Violent attack in Gerrards Cross, urgent action needed.

Dear Neighbours,

A violent and unprovoked attack on a 13-year old boy took place on Sunday afternoon 13th May on a footpath between Gerrards Cross and Chalfont St Peter. 

Local youths carried out the attack and went on to attack another boy and an adult with a weapon.   All three victims ended up in A&E. 

In the past week, we have heard many stories of verbal abuse, harassment, vandalism, theft and attacks by these youths and their known associates on local children, shops and schools.  The police are well aware of these problem individuals, and have been notified several times of the places where they hang out.  

The police are under-resourced.  The Gerrards Cross and Chalfont St. Peter police community support officers (PCSOs) are based in Taplow and Amersham respectively.    The lack of police presence is part of the reason these youths now feel so emboldened.      

We are writing to our local MPS, Dominic Grieve and  Dame Cheryl Gillan, outlining these events and our concerns.  We are requesting their support in providing: 

·         Additional local policing to help deter anti-social behaviour  

·         Greater collaboration between the Gerrards Cross and Chalfont St. Peter PCSOs, so they can deal more effectively with these youths. 

·         Active CCTV for key problem areas (footpaths, common areas, carparks) 

·         Street lighting on the footpaths  

·         Regular metal detector searches of footpaths and common areas to deter the stashing of weapons.  

We need to deter these youths from escalating their violent activity before the summer holidays when more children will be out and vulnerable to attack. 

If you have been a victim or witness any anti social behaviour please call the police immediately.   The more evidence we have the better position we are in to protect our families and stop this anti-social behaviour before lives are ruined.  

Sponsored Links

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2018 at 4:59pm
how awful for the people involved in such senseless acts
Mal Content View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Content Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 8:20am
Without making light of this terrible event, you may wish to reference another current forum post on waste and incompetence in public services. Within the last couple of years, in its rush to avoid the public, Thames Valley Police has shut the Cst.P, Iver and Beaconsfield Police offices as well as GX Police Station. It is not a comfort to know that should you live in GX, your 'local' neighbourhood Police make the trek from Taplow (some 10 miles away) if they get there at all.

At one point, your local Police were at their specified location merely by walking out of the door rather than having to find a patrol car that actually works, hasn't been taken by someone else, not in the workshops or similar, and then drive past large locations that have their own demands, such as Slough, and then do some work; some hope. 

Sorry, but we are badly served by all this, and it will get worse before it gets better. Please make as much fuss over this poor situation as you can. Don't just write to MP's (who will only pass it to someone else anyway) write to the Home Office, local council who have a statutory duty in respect of crime prevention and directly to the local Police Commander asking what they are going to do  SPECIFICALLY in respect of the worsening situation.

Any reply that contains weasel words such as 'overall strategy,' 'directed patrolling' and 'dedicated officers' is a fudge.

BTW, please read the papers this morning with the brilliant news that due to a shortage of investigators, graduates can become detectives within 12 weeks. Leaving aside the thought of what someone could learn in 12 weeks that could possibly equip them to deal with the investigation of a serious crime, I thought all fully paid up police officers were investigators. If they aren't, what are they doing?
Floreat
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 9:37am
i agree, our area is poorly represented by TVP, call TVP after dark and your call often goes throught to kiddlington, my last call to TVP was gone midnight and thr call handler didnt even know where csp was, - TVP thought chalfont was near thame......

the report of the attack at the top of this post is awful, - and i know a little more about it , the individuals who are thought to be the attackers also road up and down outside the victims home taunting and threatening them.....

these 'youths' know the law finds it difficult to deal with youngsters effectively.....  'vigilantyism' will rise up !

need a stella and i need one now !
lesleyr View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesleyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 6:24pm
There have also been group of lads hanging around the stairwells of the precinct apparently they have been dropping scaffold poles from the top of the stairs. I personally have not seen them do this but they disappeared pretty quickly when the police arrived on Sunday afternoon !!
admarlow View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 3:10pm
McColls attracts them as they serve them cigarettes and sometimes alcohol. 
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 4:04pm
Well thats not good at all!

Edited by MV Owner - 12 June 2018 at 4:05pm
 Post Reply Post Reply