Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

White Hart

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: White Hart
    Posted: 22 April 2016 at 10:38am
Worth popping down in the next couple of days.
Sponsored Links

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2016 at 1:53pm
Heard it might be closing down. Is that right?
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2016 at 2:13pm
It's been posted on street life that Rachel is having a leaving party/bit of a do tonight. I don't know hissing Sid, nobody seems sure what's happening, maybe a temporary landlord going in or it may close but Rachel is leaving.
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2016 at 2:36pm
Shame, I guessing she been there, the better part of 20 years.
Do they still own / lease the Merlins in Chalfont st Giles?
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2016 at 2:39pm
no i understand the merlins has changed hands ( but i may be wrong ) - its more of a food pub now..
need a stella and i need one now !
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2016 at 3:49pm
Merlins is owned by Charles Wells I believe.......
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
JohnohUK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnohUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2016 at 7:36pm
Thanks for the news... might pop down and say goodbye..  just trying to remember the last landlords before her.... Tracey... Anton... who was that large chap before him, my memory is going...

born and bred View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote born and bred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2016 at 2:43pm
Landlord in the 70's was called Mitchell. Sadly he committed suicide in the woods in St Giles.
local born and bred
Garry View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2016 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by born and bred born and bred wrote:

Landlord in the 70's was called Mitchell. Sadly he committed suicide in the woods in St Giles.

I don't think that is correct, the landlord and landlady were Peter and Dinah Mitchell who had a son called Roger, a giant of a bearded man, they retired gracefully from the White Hart and lived out their lives in a cottage along the Lower Road, the landlord who I believe that committed suicide was John Bradbury husband of Dinah Bradbury (nee Ross) and Dinah's children (from a previous marriage) was Chris Aldridge and there was 2 daughters whose names escape me. John and Dinah Bradbury had left the White Hart and taken over The Chequers in Old Amersham.
After them was numerous short term managers until Anton and Julia took over the reins for several years and it was this lovely couple who took on Rachael as a member of staff.
Anton and Julia left after several years and took on the French Horn in Gerrards Cross and they successfully retired to the Cheltenham area where they purchased an old church and converted it into a house.
Rachael stayed on at the White Hart under new tenants Paul and Kerris Marsh, Paul and Kerris left after several years and moved to the west country.
Allied Domeq were the freehold owners and Rachael was asked to take the job of manager of the pub.
Allied Domeq decided to end their managed pubs and sell their pubs off to lease holders. T
he Bree family purchased a lease of the White Hart from Allied Domeq in November 1999.
In early 2001 Allied Domeq sold the freehold pub business to the pub company Punch Taverns.
It was in 2002 that the Bree family then purchased a lease from Punch Taverns for the Merlins Cave.
The Merlins Cave was sold to a private buyer in 2011.
I hope that information helps.
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2016 at 7:51pm
Thanks Garry,
So what's happing with Rachael and yourself after the White Hart?
Hissing Sid

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>