FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Grange - Bunkers or Tunnels but unsafe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Grange - Bunkers or Tunnels but unsafe
    Posted: 30 September 2017 at 11:03am
Were there any East Europeans above The George Rod?
Sponsored Links

Rod View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2017 at 10:57am
I am sure that whoever is in charge of the building site on a daily basis does not allow drunk workers staggering about on site doing a poor job and endangering themselves and others...thats all I was saying...merely an attempt at defending them against the xenophobic stereo typing of the earlier post of someone who has probably not left Chalfont St Peter in their life. I have had some wonderful experiences with East Europeans.
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2017 at 8:51am
Sometimes I drink a couple of stellas whilst up a ladder  juggling plates and doing the fandango.
LilyRose View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilyRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2017 at 8:50am
Rod, you don't see a problem with people drinking alcohol whilst working on a building site? They're a danger to themselves and others.
Rod View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2017 at 8:44pm
What is the relevance of the fact that they were drinking "cheap strong lager every morning and afternoon in Hampden Road"?
The guys probably put in a hard day's graft which is the reason why they got the jobs rather than other wasters who feel they are owed something. If they want a beer together then fair play.
I actually have a strong preference for Eastern Europeans when I have requirements to be met.
Newbie08 View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2017 at 2:58pm
Ah! Maybe that's why my light switches are wonky
lesleyr View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesleyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2017 at 6:46pm
There were few if any local construction workers used on this site. They were recruited abroad by an agency direct. I am sure they have done a good job. But the developers promised local jobs and I know that none were used.

Edited by lesleyr - 25 September 2017 at 6:46pm
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2017 at 10:27am
Hi Newbie08, I'm so pleased you love your house, a friend of a friend has moved up there too and I went to have a look about, I thought it was very pleasant and it's prime location right in the heart of the village too! Welcome and I hope you'll be very happy here indeed.
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
ian View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2017 at 7:01am
What is the relevance of the construction workers' nationalities?
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2017 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Newbie08 Newbie08 wrote:

Just an assumption from observations most evenings and weekends seeing boys play there. I think it's a shame that the tunnels have had to be filled in in such a way too.

Also the builders aren't shoddy - my new home is great! The plans on site have all been built to specifications agreed during planning permission stage .... it is not the developers 'fault' that some things haven't been preserved as well as you may have wanted them to have been. It would have been agreed when the land was sold.

The statue and little copse area was preserved, the graveyard preserved. And the chapel/church building. Not sure what else could have been as I obviously didn't know it any other way. But it's sad to see the developers get the stick for it when I have a great new home in a lovely, mostly friendly, village!

Good luck with your new home, personally I wouldn't of purchased one after the developer's aggressive approach and constructed by mainly Eastern European workers drinking cheap strong lager every morning & afternoon in Hampden Road!
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>