FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sevenoaks sound & vision

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MarkD View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sevenoaks sound & vision
    Posted: 02 April 2016 at 11:11pm
I know - I still have a loft full of vinyl too ;)  I did realise it would probably be easiest and cheapest to rip all of the non-standard region dvds that my blu ray player can't play and just plug a hard drive into the system - I'm still intrigued to know why the AV receiver can't cope with a standard RCA input though - hopefully Richer Sounds will find an answer when I pop in during the week...
Sponsored Links

Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2016 at 11:27am
DVD player? #oldschool
Is back in the game! :)
MarkD View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2016 at 8:29am
Thanks for the reply, I ended up going to Richer Sounds in Eton as Sevenoaks were closed on Easter Monday - now I can't get my old DVD player to connect to my new AV receiver and I need to go back to Eton to check my setup Angry  
RS very helpful on the phone, but couldn't resolve my issue so I'm taking DVD player and box cable in to test things in store.  Wish I'd been more patient and stayed local!
BuzzBunny View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BuzzBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2016 at 3:58pm
I have purchased several items from them ( SONOS related ) - both from when they were in Chorleywood and since moving to CSP. I also have purchased a lot of stuff over the years from other stores in the chain.

The guys in the village shop have always been very helpful, friendly and seem to know their stuff.

When I bought a SONOS Connect from them to link to my AV amp I took my Amp in and they set it up in the shop to show how it would work and then also modified some of my Amp Configs to work better ( as the menus don't work on my home TV ) even before I bought from them.

They've also recommended places to look for stuff I couldn't get through them in the past.

Really only had good experience with them, and seems reasonably priced for the stuff I bought.
MarkD View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2016 at 7:21pm
I was planning on driving over to Richer Sounds this weekend as I'm considering getting surround sound equipment, and was shocked to discover that there is a Sevenoaks AV in the village. Has anyone used their services and have any comments? They seem a similar chain (cheaper end of reasonable quality kit) but are a lot more convenient than Eton or Watford, which is where the nearest Richer sounds are.
 Post Reply Post Reply