Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The George up for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The George up for sale
    Posted: 10 July 2015 at 6:47pm
According to GetBucks, the George Inn is up for sale and it is feared may become housing. Let's hope they don't decide to demolish this historic old building, as it is planned to do with the Holy Cross/Grange.

http://www.getbucks.co.uk/news/business/another-popular-pub-could-turned-9623121
Sponsored Links

fitzy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fitzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2015 at 12:53pm
The tenants have a nine year lease so I guess that should prevent it being converted to housing
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2015 at 5:31pm
I heard this the other day, apparently a very notorious villain wants to buy it? Whoever the hell that is?
born and bred View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote born and bred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2015 at 11:17am
I thought Dick Turpin was dead!
local born and bred
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2015 at 11:47pm
Maybe the Krays are buying it.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 10:26am
is the ' upstairs' business taking over ?
need a stella and i need one now !
phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Dave-R Dave-R wrote:

I heard this the other day, apparently a very notorious villain wants to buy it? Whoever the hell that is?

Tony Blair?
foodfrom4.com
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2015 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by phisch21 phisch21 wrote:

Originally posted by Dave-R Dave-R wrote:

Tony Blair?

Yeh, he makes Terry Adams seem like a choir boy.
DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2015 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

is the ' upstairs' business taking over ?

I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2015 at 6:40pm
Speaking of the upstairs business I drove past last Friday night and the curtains were wide open and well things were going on in full view. FFS have some dignity.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>