Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tesco Tunnel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 12:05pm
Yep, starting to look good now. 
Is back in the game! :)
Sponsored Links

Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 2:54pm
Seems a lot of time and trouble to get a store built. They could have bought Holy Cross and built an Amersham sized store. It would have been open by now.

Ralph View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 4:36pm
As one of the 93.7% of the local population who voted against Tesco building a store here when the plans were first announced (14 years ago now Angry ) I for one never intend to enter the place and I hope that other residents who feel the same will also boycott the place....
Wouldn't it be ironic if Tesco were to name the building Prescott House

Edited by Ralph - 04 May 2010 at 4:42pm
Ralph View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 4:51pm
Yes that useless bar steward Prescott, who was only in Blair's govenment to appease the unions, rubber stamped the application on appeal after all local planning authorities had turned it down.
phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Walrus Walrus wrote:

in what way does it look good? just a mess of ash, rubble and machinery. Been like that for years. Good is not a word I would use to describe it.

And I too will not set foot in there.
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 11:34am
Tesco's as a company are starting to really get on my nerves, they seem to be on every high street and any spare unit they buy and make yet another Tesco's outpricing and killing the local independant grocer's, butcher's, florists etc. 

Personally i now make a conscious effort and try to avoid spending any money in them. 
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by phisch21 phisch21 wrote:

Originally posted by Walrus Walrus wrote:

in what way does it look good? just a mess of ash, rubble and machinery. Been like that for years. Good is not a word I would use to describe it.

And I too will not set foot in there.
From a construction point of view it is starting to look good.

Tesco is a great british success story!  They are the biggest private employer in the county and there is no other shop i can go to to get everything i need in one morning.  Tesco rocks!
Is back in the game! :)
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 2:27pm
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
Calvados Kid View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvados Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 2:35pm
Only a small grocer who got bigger
verba volant scripta manent
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Calvados Kid Calvados Kid wrote:

Only a small grocer who got bigger

And out of control.Shocked
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>