Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tesco Tunnel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Author
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2010 at 1:37pm
iceland would be good, got one in posh amersham.
Sponsored Links

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2010 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Nico Nico wrote:

I'd use it if it were a more fitting store for the area - Fortnum & Mason, Waitrose or even Sainsbury's. But Tesco? Next thing we know there'll be a Lidl opening

Nothing wrong with lidl, ok,     alot of german made goods.. but also alot of good quality items from major brands ( nestle, heinz and the likes) at  sensible prices, also alot of award winning items that beat the likes of waitrose,  marks and sparks and tesco..... one i know for sure is their jams and also some of their speciality teas........

- i agree i would not do my weekly shop at lidl, but several of their lines are worth  considering, also they are particually good on some of their free from items and their dairy free products, great if you need these less mainstream items and you want a change to the dairy free dross the major supermarkets push at you....

the other sotre is aldi who's 'specially selected' items seriously rival the major supermarkets ' posh ranges'- like the 'finest' or whatever.......

it worth taking some of these ' cheaper supermarkets' a little more seriously... their market share is rising and the service they offer can be good...... but it does vary from branch to branch....crowthorne lidl is very good....
need a stella and i need one now !
jessama View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2010 at 6:14pm
Just got back from a holiday and the marmalade served in the b&b was from Lidl.  Very nice it was!  I may have to reconsider whether I continue making my own!  Now where is there a Lidl around here..................?
Life is a balancing act
GOP
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2010 at 8:21pm
slough
Nico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 10:13am
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

Nothing wrong with lidl, ok . . .

I know. I was kinda taking the p. Although I've never been to the Slough store, my parents live around the corner from a Lidl in Dorset. Every time I visit I pop round to stock up on tuna salad, chocolate raisins & German lager.

If I were a gambler I reckon I could make easy money betting that all but a very few Tesco objectors will become willing customers & all the kerfuffle will be forgotten in a year. I think the tunnel is gonna look well good.

I am regularly appalled at the prices in Budgens, and I usually shop in Sainsbury's
The more that things change, the more they stay the same
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617