Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tesco Tunnel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tesco Tunnel
    Posted: 06 March 2009 at 2:16pm
I was under the impression that no further construction work was to be undertaken by Tesco at the Gerrards Cross site until the HSE released their report into the collapse of the original tunnel:   

'HSE's investigation into the tunnel collapse at Gerrards Cross on 30 June 2005 has made substantial progress with a large amount of evidence collected. However, the investigation is not yet complete and consequently no decisions can yet be made about the outcome of our work.....

Following removal of all parts of the tunnel damaged during the collapse, detailed engineering calculations and remedial work to the tunnel infil profile, HSE agreed with Network Rail's decision that it was safe to reopen the railway through Gerrards Cross. We also support their decision to await further proposals from Tesco, and undertake independent evaluation, before any further construction work takes place on the tunnel or supermarket'

This report has not been published but clearly work is going ahead and new sections are currently being added.

WTF is going on?
Sponsored Links

phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2009 at 3:38pm
I agree. It looks like Network Rail and Bucks CC have given their approvals, but not the HSE. I just asked the question on the tescogerrardscross website - http://www.tescogerrardscross.co.uk. Maybe you want to do the same and see what kind of response we get (if any)
Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2009 at 6:31pm
New tunnel sections going in at the moment.  Be a couple of weeks before we have a full tunnel again!  Then they will build another tunnel over it!
Is back in the game! :)
Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2009 at 10:34am
Nearly a full tunnel now!
Is back in the game! :)
Henry View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 3:06pm

I know this topic has been knocking around for a long time.

I see there are two large gantry cranes over the tunnel. Looks like they are to lift in the rebar and formwork for the cast in situ tunnel.

How much longer until it is finished?
Keep the green belt green
Henry View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 3:11pm
I have just answered my own question.

15th of November 2010
• Gerrards Cross Tesco Store to Open.
Ralph View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 5:02pm
So five and a half years since the thing fell down then...

It would be interesting to know what the final cost of this project will be compaired to a conventional store. I doubt if Tesco's will ever get their money back on this.

Tesco's first on-line store and thank goodness no one was killed.

Ralph 

Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 5:56pm
Surely the planning application consent has expired? 

Edited by Malc London - 27 July 2009 at 5:56pm
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 9:10am
i doubt it, once construction has started the planning application is deemed as started, then its a case of getting building control sign off and  the relevent  documents once complete, you are not usually governed by how long it takes to complete....

this may have been sighted as an exceptional case and may have had a duration imposed but i doubt it somehow...
need a stella and i need one now !
Henry View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 8:47am
Looks like the walls both sides of Packhorse Raod are comming down.

Upcoming Key Milestones

May 2010
- Conveyor Removal Works Commence.
- Packhorse Road Bridge Footway Works Commence.
- Packhorse Road Bridge Carriageway Works Commence.
- Tunnel Arch Reinforced Concrete Surround Works Complete.
- Conveyor Removal Works Complete.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>