Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

snow!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 5:12am
In the 50,s when I went to school there was no such thing as school buses, or mum getting the 4 WD out to take us there. It was bike or walk....lol
but we always got there...

Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.
Sponsored Links

Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by tobic tobic wrote:

why oh why would a driver from Gerrards Cross need a 4WD.....the mind boggles

Many cars were struggling off the main roads, the 4x4's seemed to be money well spent.

Watched a Jag trying to get up Chiltern Hill untill I got bored and walked past it.

West Hyde closed to all traffic though. Meant a long journey round.

We did used to walk to school but that was when schools were local. These days they are miles away. Well, schools are local, it's the kids going to them that live miles away.

Edited by Malc London - 20 December 2009 at 4:55pm
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 5:58pm
saw two cars trying to get up the vale from the market place today, front wheel drive, no chance.
Emma View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 9:40am
My car is front wheel drive and i had to abandon it half way up my road.  It's a bit harsh taking peoples holiday as they didn't make it in as the side roads are rubbish but main roads no problem.
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 10:25am
Hope the replies answer Tobic's question! LOL
PCSO Brennan View Drop Down
TVP
TVP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PCSO Brennan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 1:50pm
Main roads affected still are The Paddock, Mumfords Lane, Welders Lane, Narcot Road, Gelebe Road, Eleanor Road.

Most of the commonly used roads are clear, i know the gritters are out as my car got gritted this morning but we just advise people not to use minor roads until the weather warms up a bit.

Weather forcast (BBC Weather)

Day Weather Max. Day Temperature
(°C°F)
Min. Night Temperature
(°C°F)
Wind Direction and Speed
(mphkm/h)
Humidity Pressure Visibility Help for Next 5 Days

Help

Mon Day weather
 Grey Cloud with light snow forecast for 15:00
2°C 36°F -1°C 30°F South Easterly8mph 13km/h 94% 992mB Very poor More info for Monday's weather
Tue Day weather
 Sunny with sleet forecast for 03:00
2°C 36°F -3°C 27°F South Westerly8mph 13km/h 95% 985mB Very poor More info for Tuesday's weather
Wed Day weather
 Sunny Intervals
1°C 34°F -4°C 25°F Southerly8mph 13km/h 87% 993mB Poor More info for Wednesday's weather
Thu Day weather
 Heavy Rain
2°C 36°F 0°C 32°F Easterly7mph 11km/h 95% 983mB Very poor More info for Thursday's weather

Met issued warnings for Rain, Sleet and Snow and ice on untreated roads. So go careful, i dont want to be turning up to any more Road Traffic Collisions.

Edited by PCSO Brennan - 21 December 2009 at 1:52pm
Chalfont Common & Central | Goldhill & Austenwood
Chiltern South NHPT
Non Emergency Number: 08458 505 505

Pants 2 Tight View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pants 2 Tight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 5:18pm
My wife left Slough at 4.15pm this afternoon, she just phoned me (at 5.12pm) to say she's in stationary traffic in Farnham Common.

I'm feeling like a good husband though. When I defrosted the car this morning I put a snow shovel, blankets, water and biscuits in the boot.

I wonder if she'll get to use them.

Incidentally, has anyone seen a gritting lorry yet?
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 5:39pm
How deep is the snow there.
When we get about 6 - 8 inches in a couple of hours, life just carries on.LOL
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

PeaBee View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeaBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 5:39pm
Mrs PeaBee phoned me 50 minutes ago from the 413 Uxbridge to Chalfont.............stuck in snow traffic jam Still not home.

Am getting ready for possible rescue Confused
Pants 2 Tight View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pants 2 Tight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 5:50pm
Half an hour later and she's still in Farnham Common. No news on the local radio and no info online.

It's difficult to advise her what to do. I've told her to stick to that road rather than the B416 Stoke Poges to Gerrards Cross road. She got stuck there last year after a lorry got stuck halfway up the hill under the M40.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>