Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

snow!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 11:45am
Sponsored Links

Calvados Kid View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvados Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 12:44pm
Superb-----thank you
verba volant scripta manent
Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 2:21pm
not as busy as February.
I went to work, people who bunk off are just plain lazy.  Especially the teachers which mean schools cant open then kids cant go which means more adults need to be off to look after schools. ridiculous.
Is back in the game! :)
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 2:30pm
i agree about damned lazy people, i work along side a bloke who lives down by gatwick, another who lives in bicester, they managed to arrive no problem at work this morning and yet one from slough and one from maidenhead are no shows, both claiming the roads are too bad........

they dont know it yet but both have used 2010 's holiday entitleemnt for their day off today !LOL
need a stella and i need one now !
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 4:12pm
I was rung up at 740am and told not to come in, my boss is a bit over cautious about this type of weather as one of our team had a crash and died in weather like this 5 years ago.
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

i agree about damned lazy people, i work along side a bloke who lives down by gatwick, another who lives in bicester, they managed to arrive no problem at work this morning and yet one from slough and one from maidenhead are no shows, both claiming the roads are too bad........

they dont know it yet but both have used 2010 's holiday entitleemnt for their day off today !LOL

one less day off their AL...LOL.
Number42 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Number42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

Good for you!
But can you do that legally?  Hope so, seems fair enough to me.

Sometimes though individual circumstances can be different: people who can get to work mostly/entirely on main roads vs people who live where hills make roads impassable or deadly.

I've always thought you should make the effort - and as it happens I have never once missed a day due to 'weather'.  A friend of mine walked 8 miles to work this morning - he says.  Such dedication!  He does own the company though! 

That's the answer - what's the question?
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 10:53pm
I ve missed a couple of days off because of weather but thats the boss ringing and saying don't come in. Never had a day off work sick though, quite pleased with that!
phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2009 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Walrus Walrus wrote:

not as busy as February.
I went to work, people who bunk off are just plain lazy.  Especially the teachers which mean schools cant open then kids cant go which means more adults need to be off to look after schools. ridiculous.

Teachers have to make a decision to close their schools based on whether it is safe for the children to come into school and whether bus services to and from the school are running. You clearly haven't got a clue
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2009 at 6:41pm
oh, bring back the 70's, no schools closed, 4ft of show and short trousers, bunch of wimps now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>