Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Holy Cross Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

road changes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: road changes
    Posted: 29 June 2016 at 8:22am
i hear the road layout in the market place is to be changed soon to allow access into the grange, 

this may mean suspension of parking in the market place...

and the work may take up to 10 weeks.....
need a stella and i need one now !
Sponsored Links

Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2016 at 7:37am
I see the roadworks announced for the A413 which were to have taken place this past weekend did not happen. Nobody told the bus company, though, and it seems bus routes were changed to avoid the works. A poor show.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2016 at 3:55pm
footpath to be installed on the opposite side to the shops on the market place,  a retaining wall to be installed and  some dropped curbs to signify an area to cross from the shop side to the grange side  to be installed soon, - 

parking to be suspended  in the market place for numerous weeks while the works are carried out
AntonyMMM View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntonyMMM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 10:20am
No-one told the workmen on the A413 either, who were busy putting out cones and diversions signs at 9am on Saturday, but they (and all the signs) had disappeared again by 10.

Edited by AntonyMMM - 07 July 2016 at 10:21am
Garry View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

footpath to be installed on the opposite side to the shops on the market place,  a retaining wall to be installed and  some dropped curbs to signify an area to cross from the shop side to the grange side  to be installed soon, - 

parking to be suspended  in the market place for numerous weeks while the works are carried out

Do you know Baggles if they are going to widen the market place? I was thinking with the new footpath and 2 lorries/buses possibly meeting, people walking on the Grange side could be in serious danger from the traffic.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2016 at 10:05am
no ....as far as i know the road will not be widened... but i do know concerns have been raised about HGV's raised by parish council and also by village residents
as far as i am aware its merely removal of undergrowth, addition of a pathway and retaining wall, there is going to be the left turn as you go up the market place into the grange  ( which i am guessing may need a wider section or the permanent removal of parking spaces on the opposite side of the road- so HGV's can turn in and out of the grange onto the market place ), but lets see, the bucks highways blokes  were measuring the road recently...
maybe we will get a wider stretch of highway ?  here is hoping !

its the possible change now from the residential care home to assisted living flats thats got me looking at it all again.... i am wondering if this will be within the same footprint ?

Maureen wickes View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maureen wickes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2017 at 1:35pm
The standard of the wall alongside the new pavement is an insult to this village, I am hoping residents might feel inclined to complain to Persimmon, post some footage on YouTube - anything to try and get an improved wall. I am in contact with our MP and Chiltern District Council but with not much effect. If you feel strongly about this insult please act.
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 8:35am
I agree. Cheap,nasty and an invitation to graffiti artists. What an insult.
Maureen wickes View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maureen wickes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2017 at 6:30pm
There is some info re this awful wall on Streetlife, if enough residents can give opinions just maybe we could create enough of a plan of action to have some effect, after all who's village is this?
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2017 at 7:00pm
Completely agree re wall! Have been told that it is to be rendered and painted and planting put in place? So this isn't the finished wall?
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>