Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recycling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recycling
    Posted: 31 December 2017 at 8:47am
I'm must comment on the appalling situation down at the recycling bins in the car park off Church Road. I cruised down there in my high performance sports car (Windows down and Sean Paul cranked up on my Bang and Olufsen sound system) on Boxing Day with a boot full of cardboard...the recycling bins were full...so I decided to come back another day.
What I didn't do was just dump it all on the floor and let it blow all over the gaff like a load of idiots seem to think is ok.
I returned yesterday and the bins had been emptied and I was able to put my cardboard in the recycling bin. However I did notice that some half wit thought it ok to dump a small fridge next to the recycling bins and there was also the remnants of a Chinese takeaway dumped on the floor (Probably from the Golden Shower judging from the standard of crispy fried lamb - even the rats had left it).
My point - it is a recycling area not a dump...people live very close by and the site is turning into an eyesore.
I thank you.
Sponsored Links

ian View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 3:58pm
I noticed that too. I also wondered why anyone bothers to use it as paper, cardboard, plastic, metal and glass are all collected fortnightly from outside our houses

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 4:36pm
wheres the Golden Shower Rod, is that a Chinese takeaway?

Edited by MV Owner - 31 December 2017 at 4:37pm
Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 6:17pm
Totally agree Rod, people seem to believe they can dump any old rubbish at the recycling, and it becomes an eyesore in the middle of the Village.
The tip is only about 4 miles away, I don't understand people being that lazy and inconsiderate.
Sunray
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 9:08pm
I understand why Sunray,  Whilst it's only four miles,   Its that bloke on the Harley Davidson at the Dump (the guy who looks like Tony Beets from Goldrush) who makes the place displeasant:-

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tony+beets+goldrush&client=firefox-b-ab&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiI5dPmk7XYAhUDY1AKHXRpAN4Q_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=656#imgrc=K7kf4hPSXAd6jM:

That bloke has never let me leave anything at the dump without an interogation.  About a month ago I went up there with some asbestos and he turned me away.  In the end I had to stick it through Rods sunroof
Rod View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 9:16pm
Not sure what you are on about MV...I'm just saying that the recycling area is being used as a dump which is ruining part of our village. If I didn't have to work I'd be down there sitting on a deck chair watching people in order to keep it tidy..is it any worse to dump stuff in the middle of a car park than on West Hyde Lane for example...i am not happy about this...it is laziness and slobbery.
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 9:24pm
Instead of sitting on the deckchair Rod, surely you would want to help.  This would aid the village massively and avoid the need to purchase (and then later dispose of) said deckchair

Come to the Waggon and Horses one night Rod and we can hug it out
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 8:27am
I've lost count of the times I've phoned Chiltern District Council regarding this.

They like most of their other departments do not give a flying fig.
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 3:37pm
but theyre quick to get their demands out for you to stump up the cash for the green bin/ garden waste scheme.....

also the way in which you are questioned at beaconsfield tip is outrageous ...i appreciate they have to ensure its not trade waste going in as 'domestic' but when you are just dumping a load of cardboard out of a car boot  and some wood offcuts then you dont need the 20 questions and the accusations of you bringing trade waste in as domestic waste....

i could understand if it was rubble and an old bathroom suite but some cardboard and an old wooden headboard ( cut up ) is not trade waste !

need a stella and i need one now !
Rod View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 6:19pm
Yes i have experienced similar issues...i believe it is known in the trade as "giving it the large one".
I mean it is not "the dump" anymore it's the recycling centre with the guys in high vis jackets as the recycling managers...i think the geezer in the portacabin who comes out to drive the digger is the self appointed Director of Recycling. Even the dustmen are not called that anymore...and they can't be bothered to put my bin back on my drive...they leave it somewhere down the road...obviously they are above doing that part of the job these days.
 Post Reply Post Reply