Forum Description: News and info on whats up in Chalfont St Peter
URL: https://www.chalfontstpeter.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8293
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 6:09pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: motorbike nutter
Posted By: big baggles
Subject: motorbike nutter
Date Posted: 20 June 2017 at 4:04pm
anyone else fed up with the lunatic last night using the village as a racetrack ?

gone midnight until about 1.30 am, doing laps of the village ?

think its the old R600 lunatic out again ?

-------------
need a stella and i need one now !

Replies:
Posted By: swej
Date Posted: 20 June 2017 at 9:32pm
Yes, I heard him. I wondered at some point whether there were two of them. I hope it is not Scumbag back again!!!

Posted By: Nikblik
Date Posted: 20 June 2017 at 11:50pm
Guess they/he is out again tonight, judging by the sound effects!

Date Posted: 21 June 2017 at 10:49am
there was a car and a bike last night....

-------------

Posted By: EmmaO
Date Posted: 21 June 2017 at 11:18am
Yes, they were out and about at about 8.30pm doing the by-pass/lower road combo and up and down Kingsway then they stopped, they clearly went for a break and then headed out again later!

-------------
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)

Posted By: GODDESS
Date Posted: 21 June 2017 at 2:38pm
   emm  what happened to 'let's face it , we all did that when young  and even old' 
Re: underage drinking, littering , etc  too
 Hmm 

Date Posted: 21 June 2017 at 3:06pm
I've only commented that they were out and about, not necessarily complaining. And if you want to quote me from previous posts please quote me correctly or cut and paste my quote. I really don't like trolling if you're interested, that I do complain about.......

-------------

Posted By: Dave-R
Date Posted: 21 June 2017 at 6:11pm
Personally I never did that as a youngster and even if someone did it doesn't mean its ok for people to ride round like lunatics risking lives. Nice trolling by the way, Flyboy?Pants 2 tight? Nessun Dorma?

Posted By: swej
Date Posted: 21 June 2017 at 6:17pm
Ah ! So it's you then GODDESS, tearing about the streets late at night keeping people awake! And no, I did not do this when I was younger. I was brought up to respect others, not disrespect them.

Date Posted: 21 June 2017 at 7:28pm
No I never did it while I was younger either! And I don't much appreciate it now. GODDESS is referring to this post I made in April about lack of feast day entertainment:

The adults who run the scouts and guides are on the organising committee, and not just for Feast Day either. As I say it's the same volunteers doing lots of things in the village. You don't really seem to understand how big an event this is. And underage drinking, is the tip of the iceberg, a large number of adults are as bad. The issues of drinking to hospitalisation and other injuries and scuffles, excessive on street littering, damage to cars, gardens and properties on the routes away from the event, littering on the green to the extent it has taken all day to clear up and beyond. The outrage is not about the underage drinking, we've all been there and done that, it's the behaviour of the people at the event and whilst under the influence that's the problem. Most of the stall holders are voluntary organisations or very small local businesses by and large and we already do help with stewarding. Nobody at all is making a lot of 'business' out of this event, as I say, I'm not totally sure you understand the issues but you would be more than welcome as a volunteer to help organise and give the committee your idea's, they need people who are passionate about the event and you clearly feel passionately about it, come and get involved, they'd love to have you on board.

Which as you can see is not relevant at all, nor is it me excusing bad behaviour, although interestingly GODDESS trolled that post too.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 June 2017 at 10:41am
i never screamed around in the evenings  wearing out tyres and using fuel for entertainment ( i was too busy working to try and save up enough to buy a set of wheels, road tax and insurance, )

but my concern is these 'racers' are wreckless,  the other night the motorbike  had no lights on, - it was gone 1am....it was also travelling at high speed, - doing stunts on a public highway...

are they insured ? if there is a collision who picks up the bill,  if someone or something is damaged ....what next ? 

if they really are so sad that smoking tyres for fun  and the 'need' to do donuts go find a deserted carpark at 1am  where the likelihood to collide with another road user is reduced

-------------

Posted By: Chuckles
Date Posted: 22 June 2017 at 2:42pm
Contrary to some of the trolling above, the overwhelming majority of us did not behave like this in our youth.

Every year, it's exactly the same - without fail:

A small number of people, mainly in cars but with the occasional motorcycle - spending the spring and summer months behaving like utter morons. I cannot say if they're local, or just visiting - but it's often the same vehicles over and over again.

For example, in the last few weeks I have witnessed:

Handbrake turns and burnouts (well, attempts at);
Highly excessive speed (I'm talking 60mph+ here, not 32mph);
Timed laps racing around Gold Hill Common;
Rubbish thrown out of moving cars - at pedestrians and other vehicles;
Stupidly loud music from parked cars, well into the small hours (loud enough to rattle windows and trigger the occasional car alarm).

Harumph! Angry

Date Posted: 22 June 2017 at 3:43pm
I feel for you that sounds terrible. We've had some racing passed our house but nothing on that scale, don't suppose you've managed to get any numbers?

-------------

Posted By: MV Owner
Date Posted: 24 June 2017 at 5:33pm
If you ride like a nutter on a motorcycle after a while you'll ge injured or killed.  Its as simple as that

Posted By: GODDESS
Date Posted: 27 June 2017 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by swej swej wrote:

Ah ! So it's you then GODDESS, tearing about the streets late at night keeping people awake! And no, I did not do this when I was younger.
I don't  and didn't either; I am not out at night.  I am afraid i might be bullied, bullied like here.
Moreover,
I don't troll either; just in case  my messgae
below

emm
what happened to 'let's face it , we all did that when young and even old'
Re: underage drinking, littering , etc too
Hmm

which in fairnesss was supposed to be typed

Hmm
what happened to 'let's face it , we all did that when young and even old'
Re: underage drinking, littering , etc too
Hmm

was misinterprted. 
It was not addressed to any bully or not woman.  i myself  already private messaged group owner  to notify

Date Posted: 27 June 2017 at 5:50pm
I don't know if this problem is just motorcycles, there seems to be alot of cars racing up and down Joiners Lane.  Hot weather certainly seems to increase the number of cars racing.

Posted By: Dave-R
Date Posted: 28 June 2017 at 6:42pm
I lived half way up Joiners Lane for a while and its not just young chavvy idiots. That road had all sorts, new BMW, Audi and Bentley drivers who drove as though they wanted to try and take off on that bit about half way up.

Date Posted: 28 June 2017 at 6:59pm
Thats true Dave R, people seem to also accelerate heavily off the Greyhound roundabout up Joiners Lane.

Posted By: Nikblik
Date Posted: 26 July 2017 at 11:06pm
Just listening to what is probably a car probably pulling donuts round the Joiners Lane roundabout. Surely a matter of time before we hear a crash.... I hope not though. Plus how can they afford the wear on their tyres?

Date Posted: 27 July 2017 at 10:21am
Yes it was a car, they were up and down lower road and kingsway as well at the same time you posted, did some doughnuts at the lower road and kingsway junction, sadly we couldn't catch his number plate......

-------------

Posted By: Rod
Date Posted: 31 July 2017 at 7:39pm
I heard this the other night too...and from my experience of motorcycles the engine sounded rather like an MV.

Date Posted: 31 July 2017 at 10:40pm
Rod,

It was not an MV.  Surely someone like your goodself would know that an MV has a sound akin to Church Organ pipes (in fact Massimo Tamburini consulted with Church Organ designers during the development of the said machine).   I have attached a link to a photo below for you.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brtsergio/94558006" rel="nofollow - https://www.flickr.com/photos/brtsergio/94558006

Anyway, perhaps you heard the sound when you were walking your wife / mistress / girlfriend over the common.

Date Posted: 01 August 2017 at 11:24pm
The same person seems to be going up and down Joiners Lane at 11:20 or 11:40pm.  Difficult to tell what it is could be a throaty 900/1000cc bike or something like that with a replacement exhaust.  I would suggest an illegal exhaust.  The person is certainly riding quite fast.

Posted By: Rod
Date Posted: 02 August 2017 at 10:15pm
Perhaps they are filming a new version of Junior Kickstart.

Posted By: Chuckles
Date Posted: 03 August 2017 at 10:26am
Originally posted by MV Owner MV Owner wrote:

Difficult to tell what it is could be a throaty 900/1000cc bike or something like that with a replacement exhaust.  I would suggest an illegal exhaust.  The person is certainly riding quite fast.
BMW S1000RR

Date Posted: 03 August 2017 at 12:03pm
Having the number plate would be fabulous

Date Posted: 04 August 2017 at 8:43am
or the bikers head on a stick

-------------

Posted By: Paul_G
Date Posted: 04 August 2017 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

or the bikers head on a stick

Nice one!

Date Posted: 05 August 2017 at 7:26pm
Sorry but I think previous thoughts on a larger bike are incorrect.  I am pretty sure this guy has a cherry red helmet and is riding a black Aprillia or similar on L plates.  Its a 125cc / 250cc bike with illegal silencer

Date Posted: 16 August 2017 at 7:57pm
Has anyone managed to identify the number plate on this bike?  He has been roaring around the village for the past 2 hours.  Im pretty sure it'a an illegal end can so needs reporting

Posted By: admarlow
Date Posted: 18 August 2017 at 9:25am
It parks outside McColls quite a lot, maybe they work there? 

Posted By: Piller1
Date Posted: 21 September 2017 at 2:31pm
I believe we should have a meeting about this so we can discuss wether or not something should be done.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net