Forum Description: News and info on whats up in Chalfont St Peter
URL: https://www.chalfontstpeter.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8261
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 10:25pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: parish council AGM
Posted By: big baggles
Subject: parish council AGM
Date Posted: 26 April 2017 at 9:02am
All residents of Chalfont St Peter are invited to attend the Annual Parish Meeting on Thursday, May 18th, to be held at 7.30 in the Parish Council offices. This is an ideal opportunity to meet your parish council, to ask questions and to make comments on village issues that concern you.

Please come along to hear what is going on in your village and to make your voice heard.
We look forward to seeing you there!

-------------
need a stella and i need one now !

Replies:
Posted By: GODDESS
Date Posted: 26 April 2017 at 10:28am
big Bangles many thnaks for posting

Date Posted: 09 May 2017 at 5:33pm
big bangles ! - its baggles !

-------------

Posted By: dickybird
Date Posted: 17 May 2017 at 9:22am

A reminder about tomorrow night's annual parish meeting at the parish council offices:
a meeting held in May every year, where villagers are invited to ask questions (and hopefully, get answers) from their parish, district and county councillors.
No need to RSVP - simply come along, especially if you have burning issues that you would like raised.

May 18th : 7.30pm to 9ish
Parish Council offices
[Please park at the community centre and walk down the little side road that leads to the tennis courts]

Hope to see some new faces there!
Karen

Posted By: EmmaO
Date Posted: 17 May 2017 at 5:23pm
Hi Karen,

I really wanted to attend this time but the other half is away with work so I can't get there. The three things I wanted to highlight were:

- Parking on Lower Road and subsequent traffic issues. I know the NAG are looking at this but it needs looking at far more quickly and by more people. It is not unusual for the traffic to stop flowing completely. This happened on Tuesday this week and I was stuck there for 25 minutes. I have seen two altercations between drivers who were being equally bad tempered about waiting their turn nearly get physical about it. This really needs to be resolved somehow very quickly indeed. I have written to RWS about this and it helps for a day and then back to normal. Their staff know they are causing issues as they are double parking on the pavement, etc as you know. With people starting to move into the new housing now this is going to get worse and worse.

- The WALL!! I know, you must be getting your ear bent about this regularly and I keep saying to myself wait until the plants are in, etc, but I'm struggling to see how it is going to look any less of an eyesore than it currently is. Please give us hope that something is going to change.

- The play parks. They desperately need investment. New equipment, tarting up, etc.

Also, can you raise just how brilliant our haywardens are? They are doing a fantastic job even though they are understaffed at present and they must feel they are on a hiding to nothing but I think they are brilliant. Thanks so much for your hard work too :)

-------------
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)

Date Posted: 18 May 2017 at 1:50pm
Emma O i have to agree, - i along with other residents raised the parking issue at last years agm, - i also gave my details to the nag to offer assistance, councillor martin  agreed a hollistic review of parking was needed, a year on nothing appears to have actually happened and the Nag never contacted me .... 

this issue was raised to district level.....

if i was cynical i would say its all sound bites.... tell them what they want to hear !- in my view nothing has been done, nothing has changed....

i want to hear timescales tonight, when can we see action or better still results...

during the year i paid bucks cc to paint lines outside my driveway to deter drivers blocking my access, 3 months they had my money.....3 months before they came to paint them....

everything is taking way too long.......its simply not good enough.....

and dont get me started on the wall or trellis....GRRRRR

when are the machine gun emplacements being added ?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:08pm
Did anyone get a chance to attend? How did it go?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:28pm
i went, - it was interesting, - had an annual overview from the chair of the Parish, and then  spokespersons from the  'groups' from within the parish council,eg  the open spaces team, and then the ' marketing/ media team, and then finally the finance/ HR team and then the amenities and facilities and then  a summary of planning from the planning team, 

interesting to hear about the additional historic plaques going up and the process the pc have to go through to plant the additional trees from around the village, also the cutting of verges has moved from BCC to the parish... an additional haywarden is needed as a result...

marks and sparks and costa are coming to the precinct (m and co and the laundrette respectively ) and hsbc may become a deli....

then the floor was open for questions 

questions included  ' what is the current situation with regard to the alledged fraud on the grange development, - did anyone on the district council know - did they 'asist' the sale to go through thereby knowing the information regarding the playing fields were not correctly represented, and if so what will be the outcome/ will there be any 'discipline'  or safegaurds put in place so it cant happen again

other issues raised included speeding traffic on joiners lane, traffic/ parking issues on lower road, speeding from kingsway roundabout to the greyhound roundabout
parking issues around the vale, orchard grove, and around the junction by the jolly farmers

it was agreed TVP are pretty much useless- however we do have a PCSO assigned to the village and she will be asked to monitor traffic / parking

david martin ( county councillor) is currently working on a village wide traffic/ parking review of csp

and the trellis is not liked but we have to wait until the planting is done.... persimmon know locals dont like it,  but it appears no formal design/ planning was issued for the wall/ path and we nearly got tarmac and concrete, so our block path and trellis is an improvement ....

and that was about it, - its very summarised but thats about the long n short of it

minutes and notes will go up on the parish councils website soon

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:42pm
Thanks for that, I hope they don't carry on too long with this parking investigations, we're heading for gridlock the rate we are going. People were parked almost to the junction of Kingsway some days this week, it was causing havoc. Good to have confirmation of M&S, I'm neither here nor there re Costa as I worry for our independents but in a village this size we should be able to support all of them and I suppose it's up to us as residents as ever where we put our money! Anything that increases footfall for our other shops would just be brilliant.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:43pm
Somebody had better tell Intuition about Costa, it's still on their website they are coming to the Launderette!

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2017 at 8:37pm
well  i can only relay the information that was given last night. ... costa in the launderette...... but i guess things may change, or the info may be wrong ?

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2017 at 12:04am
Sure you're right, obviously something fell through and they've not updated their site. Would be good to think another business that'll draw people into the centre might be coming too somewhere, maybe!

-------------

Posted By: watsy
Date Posted: 20 May 2017 at 9:49am
Did they say why the rates went up 15% - was it to cover the extra haywarden, ie Bucks CC aren't paying for the verges.  Pass the parcel of residential rate increases!

Date Posted: 20 May 2017 at 6:02pm
to be honest they did  mention council tax rise of 15%, ( and we are still cheaper than CSG and little chalfont )they did also say that BCC had shifted care of verges  within the 30mph limit area around csp to the parish,

they were getting a token additional payment towards this, but they were up front in saying the equipment cost and staff  costs required  was not fully covered by  the funds given by Bucks cc, - but they did also say that the quality of the verge care had been improved since taking over from bucks cc

they didnt hide the increase, they did justify it...

-------------

Posted By: Pat
Date Posted: 09 November 2017 at 7:22am
Why has Croft rd (off of Lower rd) already got parking restrictions when Lower rd is still a
Total mess parking wise? Is it because someone with influence lives there?

Posted By: Barn Owl
Date Posted: 09 November 2017 at 11:50am
Not as far as I know. I think the people of influence mostly live on the other side of the village where lots of trees have been planted to enhance the environment....

As I understand it, the residents got together, got organised, presented a viable scheme backed up by reasons, and got it through. Power in numbers and organisation. 

Date Posted: 09 November 2017 at 2:49pm
As Barn Owl says, they formed a residents association and tackled it, took them months and months. The NAG had tried to encourage Lower Road residents to form one but despite a few false starts nothing has happened as nobody wants to head it up. Last I heard they were trying to get a meeting for 22nd November but I don't think anything has actually come together.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 November 2017 at 5:24pm
i an other local residents had a 1 to 1 meeting with parish and county councils regarding ongoing parking issues on the vale and penn road and vale close and the laurel road, to deter  workers who park all day often on the apex of the junctions, 

'county'  agreed it was  dangerous and agreed double yellow lines would be installed on all T junctions.... nearly 6 months on we are still waiting...

-------------

Date Posted: 09 November 2017 at 5:29pm
And I think you will continue to wait.Lower rd is as bad but nothing will be done until a child is hurt and that is a certainty to,happen.

Posted By: Dave-R
Date Posted: 09 November 2017 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

i an other local residents had a 1 to 1 meeting with parish and county councils regarding ongoing parking issues on the vale and penn road and vale close and the laurel road, to deter  workers who park all day often on the apex of the junctions, 

'county'  agreed it was  dangerous and agreed double yellow lines would be installed on all T junctions.... nearly 6 months on we are still waiting...

These councils are so strange. They put totally unnecessary double yellow lines all over Seer Green yet aren't putting them where they really are needed!!!

Date Posted: 09 November 2017 at 8:37pm
Nothing will be done on lower road until the residents force something to be done, and that won't happen until people decide to work together and form a residents group and that won't happen until somebody is prepared to run the residents group! The NAG did a lot of work and only 30% of Lower Road residents replied which is pretty abysmal. They've put together recommendations and even offered to help us set it up. I can only assume Seer Green residents lobbied as hard as Croft Road. I also think it is bad that TFB don't just sort it out but given the current financial climate thats not going to happen so you know the adage about if you want something doing.......

-------------

Posted By: Dave-R
Date Posted: 10 November 2017 at 9:05am
My Mother lives in Seer Green and it seems no one wanted those double yellows!! The workmen just turned up one day and painted them on!

Date Posted: 10 November 2017 at 7:04pm
dave, you know the hassle we have had over the years, so having spoken to the parish and bucks cc we approached bucks highways to have the driveway protection markings put on the road so as to deter people from parking across our drive, 

the cost was about £100, so in nov 2016 i sent my cheque for the lines..... i requested  that the council email  or write to  acknowledge receipt of payment,  i heard nothing, but noticed cheque wasnt cashed....  then  came home in march 2017 to find the lines painted ...

thought nothing of it until november 2017 when my cheque was posted back to me  as it was now over 6 months old it couldnt be cashed...apparently.... no wonder bucks cc finances are in a mess, they then asked for a new cheque for payment !

-------------

Posted By: ArtB
Date Posted: 11 November 2017 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

thought nothing of it until november 2017 when my cheque was posted back to me  as it was now over 6 months old it couldnt be cashed...apparently.... no wonder bucks cc finances are in a mess, they then asked for a new cheque for payment !

You'll probably find that they're not allowed to cash the cheque until the work is completed, either by law or to ensure that they don't have to re-imburse if they don't do it (which would be a real headache for them I suspect.

Art

-------------
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!

Posted By: Chilternman
Date Posted: 11 November 2017 at 10:10pm
We need double yellow lines all over the village and as a minimum on on side so that roads are used for what they were made for, travelling on not parking on! It really has nothing to do with residents on the Lower Rd for example as they have off st parking but those who have to exit the village every day are finding it increasingly difficult to drive down it safely and I know there will be an accident, just imagine how it will be when the new village in the Holy Cross site start to pour out. I can see it getting gridlocked as it almost is now. This once was a beautiful village and one of the best views was looking across Gold Hill Common, now it is lined with cars every day, cars park anywhere they like completely blocking pavements, opposite junctions, opposite other cars potentially blocking emergency services.
So why the complete lack of any action from whoever is responsible, surely there are many people who are as irritated by this as me

Posted By: Garry
Date Posted: 12 November 2017 at 8:49am
The problem with yellow lines is that they are not enforced, you can see that by the way people park anywhere they like in the village, also you are just pushing the problem elsewhere.
The councils are failing in their duty by consistently allowing planning permission of commercial buildings with a clear lack of adequate parking. As the commercial side of the village has expanded dramatically over the years the car parking facilities have not, there is no room for the workers in the village to park, There should be another car park for long stay parking charging say £2 per day or you could purchase a season ticket then you could yellow line the necessary roads and enforce the parking.
Baggles perfectly summed up the council in my opinion with his story of the cheque and paying for the lines outside his drive, inadequate, failing to serve their community, I wish people would treat the council elections like they they do their MP's, then maybe our councils would improve.

Date Posted: 12 November 2017 at 7:26pm
I don't agree, whilst I know there is a lot of illegal parking I am sure that a set of double yellows on one side would keep roads flowing and yes people would have to park elsewhere but I believe it is important to have proper access to everywhere and this ridiculous mentality of parking on both sides and effectively reducing a two lane road to one lane has to be addressed. I did notice two cars clamped last week and some more of this would sharpen the mind. At the moment nothing is being done and it needs to be as the Holy Cross development will bring everything to a stop.

Posted By: lesleyr
Date Posted: 12 November 2017 at 10:08pm
Another place I have noticed that parking has got really bad recently is directly outside the jolly farmers.

Date Posted: 13 November 2017 at 10:02am
poor parking outside the jolly farmers,  along the road by the clock on the common ( right up to the bend )  also along by the end of orchard grove, in around the middle school, along the vale and also the lower road, and also parking by the end of the kingsway/ lower road junction were all raised at the parish council AGM, parking around the community college and the small residential close and the also up by the NSE development, and the bottom end of joiners lane were also raised...

councillor david martin spoke about these issues becoming more of an issues now with increased parking in the village...

but as was also stated by david martin and others we need a holistic view- by adding double yellow lines it potentially raises two further issues, one is it moves the problem not solves it, and enforcement....

if lower road was  changed to double yellow lines,  -would drivers choosing to avoid the cost of parking in the public car parks just choose to park along say the kingsway instead ? or chiltern hill or other surrounding ' residential ' roads, so all you do is move the problem elsewhere...

and the second issue is enforcement,  double yellow lines are fine if there is someone there enforcing the rules and issuing tickets to those who contravene the regulations.... if no one gets a ticket the yellow lines are just ' road art' ...totally pointless...

see outside mr crusty !  -double yellows and always vehicles parked there....no enforcement of the  restriction.

there are so few  traffic enforcement officers for rural areas , when we met with the council  after the AGM to raise some traffic issues i think i remember being told there are about 16 full time traffic wardens for bucks, and these officers tend to be in milton keynes, aylesbury, wycombe ,etc and less utilisation of their services in village locations, we kind of get them on a rota scheme every now and then...

we were told that the village car parks are inadequate for the village and those who travel here to work now... we were also told the free parking by the community centre is also now very often full...

personally i walk down the village pretty much every day through the church road car park, and during the day there is always spaces, - the only time it seems full is at school pick up time.

the community centre is the same, usually spaces during the day by the centre or by the football club....

simple fact is people will do anything to avoid the pay and display charges, they park anywhere they can to avoid any form of cost, they park on yellow lines, on zig zags on pavements because the rules are not enforced, and until that changes we will have to put up with it...

the idiots who park on the apex of junctions along the vale are starting to learn, about half a dozen cars have now been hit by HGVs  delivering to the builders merchants , these lorry drivers are just trying to do 3 point turns to get away after making deliveries, but ignorant tight drivers trying to save a parking fee park on the white lines painted on the corners of the junctions  making it both impossible for the truck drivers to turn, but also making normal observation for car drivers very tricky, so cars get smashed...

so pay a daily parking fee, or park on a junction get your car scraped,  no witnesses, and pay your insurance excess/ higher premiums...? you take your pick !

-------------

Date Posted: 13 November 2017 at 10:09am
if you have ongoing parking issues, document it, dates times photos, - contact police if its a dangerous matter or an obstruction,  if its vehicles parked on an existing parking restriction, its an enforcement issue call chiltern dc !

but most of all, document it, and raise it at council level, or  go to your parish council agm, or meeting, 

make this lot earn their keep ! they have jobs to do , they should do it !  

-------------

Date Posted: 13 November 2017 at 10:20am
Once again I disagree, if all roads had double yellows down one side it would keep them free flowing, I agree it would move the problem elsewhere but really that is what we need. The vans etc outside Mr Crusty are generally not there for long but people would certainly think twice about leaving cars parked all day on lines. If people had to park further away it might encourage the to car share or use other transport.
The fact the incredibly stupid people have allowed planning to go ahead for hundreds of properties and offices without thinking of parking should not prevent us protecting both the look and the safety of the village.

Date Posted: 13 November 2017 at 10:25am
So what they should do is send a working party into the village on a weekday and see it for themselves, could we request that? They would then see so many violations on every road.

Date Posted: 13 November 2017 at 6:45pm
many residents have photographed it , even filmed it  , many have outlined the issues, the times and alot of the bottlenecks in and around CSP, 

these reference documents/ films have been sent to both parish and district as well as county councillors...

we have followed up with 1 -2-1 meetings with councillors, we have also had  residents join and support the NAG, and we were told things are happening , and a village wide review is happening....

the agm was much earlier in the year..... we started raising this issue at 2016 parish AGM , we are now heading very quickly towards 2018..... 

nearly 2 years on now..... i will raise it yet again with fresh  material in 2018 !

-------------

Date Posted: 13 November 2017 at 7:16pm
Well done, we need momentum, surely we are owed a considerable debt for the destruction of our village.

Date Posted: 13 November 2017 at 8:06pm
This surely takes us back to the question raised some month's ago on streetwise about s106 payments from the developers at holy cross and the way in which they have been used ? They should have been used to help prop up the infrastructure around the developement. I have been aware for sometime that lovel end has been fundraising to build a dinning room for the school. How can it be right that the entire payment has gone to another area ?

Posted By: GXCSP
Date Posted: 14 November 2017 at 10:14am
Raise it through an FOI. It all has to be recorded then, increases accountability and they have time limits (20 days) to reply !

Date Posted: 15 November 2017 at 11:56am
S106 payments are for new projects....they cannot be used for extensions or refurbished of existing community facailities

-------------

Posted By: Libtek
Date Posted: 15 November 2017 at 12:42pm
Double yellows are urgently needed in all the residential roads near the Market Place. I live near the Junior School and am sick of having to fight my way out of the road and along The Vale every time I go out. Poor parking by some teachers along Boundary Road and Laurel Road make things worse. These roads are not very wide and a few people are so thoughtless, that they sometimes park on both sides of the road which means lorries and emergency vehicles cannot easily get through. People are even parking on the pavement, which means pedestrians have to walk in the road. I have been told several times by lorry  drivers to move "my car". I just shrug and tell them it's not my car and to complain to the school. At school home time it's worse as mother's cars add to the chaos though at least they usually move on fairly quickly.
I have never seen any one visiting the roads round the school to look at parking,  so maybe it's overdue. Something has to be done as I fail to see why local resdents freedom of movement is restricted by a few thoughtless people.

-------------
Weekends are a bit like rainbows. They look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.

Date Posted: 15 November 2017 at 1:15pm
Parking in Chalfont St. Peter is due to building of offices and promoting jobs etc without considering the extra cars and parking required.This seems to be the way councils think as though cars are a thing of the past and ingnoring them and then they will go away.

Date Posted: 15 November 2017 at 5:12pm
My understanding was that section 106 payments could be used to extend and refurbish existing projects as long as it can be shown that it is to increase capacity and usage for new developments ? Its all very complicated !!😕😕

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net