Forum Description: News and info on whats up in Chalfont St Peter
URL: https://www.chalfontstpeter.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8066
Printed Date: 29 March 2024 at 1:52am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Precinct Car Park
Posted By: Malc London
Subject: Precinct Car Park
Date Posted: 22 February 2016 at 12:46pm
Well the new parking restrictions certainly have emptied the car park and probably those shoppers who would have dropped into one of the precinct shops after visiting Market Place. I also wonder if shops in the high street are suffering. I used to visit Judds or Flames when parking in the precinct but that now will end up costing you a ticket.

On the plus side, the occasional trip to Halls is now easier.

A traffic warden was checking the cars on Market Place this afternoon so the safest bet is to park in the main car park or go elsewhere.

Replies:
Posted By: Dave-R
Date Posted: 22 February 2016 at 6:15pm
I thought you got an hour? SO if you park there why cant you go to the High Street?

Posted By: MV Owner
Date Posted: 22 February 2016 at 7:51pm
Forget the trips to Flames or Judds Malc (these are in all reality simply 5 minute affairs unless you are going for a dine in a flames)

Posted By: Hugh G Rection
Date Posted: 22 February 2016 at 9:36pm
Just whack it up between the public toilets and hsbc with hazards on if you are just popping to Flames.

Posted By: big baggles
Date Posted: 23 February 2016 at 10:47am
car park was empty yesterday, went into the post office, halls, genesis , judds and the bank...easy peasy...in and out in 35 mins...

the retailers i spoke to in 2 different shops in the precinct say its benefitted them as their customers can now park, -nip in make their purchase and then go on their way, 

-------------
need a stella and i need one now !

Posted By: JohnohUK
Date Posted: 23 February 2016 at 1:36pm
So easy to park for the shops now... much better...

Noticed two nice little cameras under a balcony by the entrance, suspect this is watching the number plates for the 1hr limit.. hope it doesn't get its knickers in twist if you visit multiple times in a day...

Date Posted: 23 February 2016 at 7:57pm
You can only visit the shops in the precinct whilst parked there

If you go to Judds you risk being fined.

Likewise Budgens is just whilst you are in the store. Not the chemist.

If you want to go to any shops on the High Street you must park in Market Street or the main car park.

Date Posted: 23 February 2016 at 8:17pm
What about if you need to go to the George

Posted By: watsy
Date Posted: 23 February 2016 at 9:23pm
Its closed?

Date Posted: 23 February 2016 at 10:05pm
I didnt know it is closed, must be an age since Ive been in there then

Date Posted: 24 February 2016 at 8:07pm
It's closed downstairs...

Date Posted: 24 February 2016 at 9:10pm
what about upstairs then Hugh?

Posted By: Nicky
Date Posted: 25 February 2016 at 5:21pm
Does anyone know how on earth they can police where you shop within the one hour time limit? I have visions of a man wearing dark glasses and a brown trench coat following people around the shops Smile

Date Posted: 25 February 2016 at 5:46pm
Hugh G Rection, Has Nicky seen you in real life??????????????

Date Posted: 26 February 2016 at 11:58pm
nicky they cant, the cameras detect your registration upon arrival in the precinct car park via the 2 digital cameras fitted, they also  register what time you leave the car park, if the duration is over 60 mins i guess they apply to DVLA for registered keeper details to send you a letter...

from my observation the two  bays by timpsons/ natwest will be diffiicult to monitor from the current camera positions

i usually walk, but if i dont i will continue to park in precinct, and use the post office, genesis, halls and the likes along with judds birrings and other village shops, i will just make sure i dont stay for more than 60 minutes...

the cameras are pointing towards the george/ greyhound, they have no idea where the drivers have gone to shop ... dont take any notice of the daft postings on here about ' may get a fine if you go to flames'

people like to panic over nothing.... 

-------------

Date Posted: 27 February 2016 at 9:06am
Sometimes they have a guy sitting in a car watching, if you park up and leave the vicinity he will write out a ticket. There ll be a box on there ticked as the reason for the ticket is that you left the area.

Date Posted: 27 February 2016 at 9:42am
what a sad life he must lead

Posted By: Bucks Fizz
Date Posted: 27 February 2016 at 11:32am
Looks like Malc is right. The precinct car park was empty this (Saturday) morning when I called at Halls for a loaf. It's ages since I've parked in the village since, like most locals now, I shop in GX where 3 hours free parking is on offer.

I hadn't realised one is only supposed to park in the precinct if using the precinct shops. This fact will prevent me from parking there again, as will the constant approaches from the Big Issue seller. He's polite enough, but I shouldn't have to be made to feel guilty for not buying a magazine for the homeless from someone who isn't homeless.

One hour's parking may be enough to pick up a loaf and some sausages, but it's not long enough to pick up those items AND have your hair done and queue at the bank. I can do all these things in GX without having to pay for parking.

Let's hope the Co-op when they arrive see the sense of extending their parking to 2 hours. I might just be tempted in if they do.

The staff in a very empty Budgens were looking pretty miserable this morning too. Perhaps it's due to impending job losses but the lady who served me this morning did not respond to my cheery 'good morning', did not tell me the price of my totalled items, so I had to put my glasses on to read the till, and she virtually threw the change at me before walking away and leaving the till unmanned. Tal about a wordless exchange. It was gone 10 o'clock and not all the lights were turned on over the counters. 'Doesn't exactly make you feel welcome.

Date Posted: 27 February 2016 at 11:53am
Bucks,  you are probably right they may be concerned about redundancy and if you aren't made to feel welcome then generally you'll go elsewhere

Unfortunately, some people dont understand the value of a smile or a bit of charm.  I have on the otherhand which is why since mastering the art I have found myself pretty irresitable to women

Date Posted: 28 February 2016 at 10:08am
Then I am prepared to endorse your application to join the staff at the new Co-op, MV.

Date Posted: 28 February 2016 at 11:16am
I would let High G rection in the back door

Date Posted: 28 February 2016 at 11:19am
of the Co-op I must add

Posted By: Nicky
Date Posted: 01 March 2016 at 9:28pm
Thanks Baggles.  I'm thinking I'll park there and whizz around the village and just take my chances on the sad, lonely man sitting in his car clocking where people are shopping!  On the plus side, no longer do I have to drive around with charity shop stuff in my boot for three months, always a space these days :)

Date Posted: 01 March 2016 at 10:36pm
I popped down to my favourite establishment above the George earlier...plenty of spaces.

Date Posted: 02 March 2016 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Dave-R Dave-R wrote:

Sometimes they have a guy sitting in a car watching, if you park up and leave the vicinity he will write out a ticket. There ll be a box on there ticked as the reason for the ticket is that you left the area.

to go to the bank to get cash to pay for goods and service purchased in the precinct, - you are not making a 'purchase' at the bank,

i dont think it would stand up to legal scrutiny...

i will continue and if there is a saddo parked in his car in the precinct sat watching then i will argue it legally when i get a ticket ( which i wont pay ! )LOL 

-------------

Date Posted: 05 March 2016 at 6:32pm
I got a ticket for doing just that in Reading, but I know the guy who runs SWS parking, he s my MMA trainer, and he rang the company in question and they cancelled the ticket.

Date Posted: 06 March 2016 at 6:10am
I'm surprised when passing the precinct (heading to Church Lane Car Park) these days that it is virtually empty. Looks like the 'presence' of the sinister spy is now scaring shoppers away from using the precinct.

Date Posted: 06 March 2016 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Bucks Fizz Bucks Fizz wrote:

I'm surprised when passing the precinct (heading to Church Lane Car Park) these days that it is virtually empty. Looks like the 'presence' of the sinister spy is now scaring shoppers away from using the precinct.

Probably. I used to park there and then drop into one or two shops on the way back to the car. Now I park on Market Street or just don't bother. I feel sorry for shops along High Street as people could park in Budgens or precinct. Now they have to use main car park or park on double yellows.

Posted By: JohnohUK
Date Posted: 06 March 2016 at 10:55pm
I'm not so sure.. I probably pop in more often now, given I know I can get a space.. before was an absolute nightmare, with most of the spaces taken up with office workers... Now they've all moved to the lower road... for a cheap traffic calming solution..

Date Posted: 07 March 2016 at 6:25am
I feel that it is an improved situation in that you can pop in and get a space...does anyone have any real examples of issued a ticket for walking into the Market Place?

Date Posted: 07 March 2016 at 6:43am
It will come. They are there to make money. Remember the last lot, clamping cars at night?

I will probably benefit as the last time I tried to buy a sandwich from Halls I couldn't get parked and didn't have time to park elsewhere. But generally I don't think I'll use the shops as much.

Posted By: prjohnsonnn
Date Posted: 21 March 2016 at 12:02am
Hi - i have had a ticket for overstaying the hour and am now in full flow getting it independently reviewed at POPLA (the parking adjudicator).  Without giving too much away on here the signage and tickets are almost certainly NOT legally enforceable.  Carflow who 'manage' the whole mess down there have got themselves in a right mess and have tripped up.... anyone else who is sitting on the standard £100 ticket (reduced to  £60 if paid promptly..!!) then drop a note to me and i will be glad to help .  No catch and no fees...i am just someone who positively hates these scammers and i am happy to help.

PJ

email me at yourparkingrights@gmail.com..... just created this address to help others out who have been scammed by these leeches

-------------
yourparkingrights@gmail.com

Posted By: Paul_G
Date Posted: 21 March 2016 at 6:39pm
Dear prjohnsonnn,

Excellent post!  Whilst I have no need of your advice I think your generous offer openly posted on this public forum is to be commended,

P

Date Posted: 28 March 2016 at 11:55am
Here is a good first appeal to Carflow . Send as soon as you receive the first letter from them.  They will probably kick it back but it shows the motorist knows his 'stuff' and alerts them to the fact that at the if it goes to the second POPLA appeal stage then the motorist is almost certain to win on any n umber of grounds. 

1 - I received this ticket. I am appealing as the registered keeper

2 - I am aware that your signage is not sufficient to satisfy either the BoP Code of Practise or the ANPR requirements under the Data Protection Act. the ticket is therefore not enforceable.  Many appeals have been won on these grounds already at POPLA and in the event you do not agree to my appeal here now then you will lose at POPLA

3 - The tickets are being issued by Carflow and I require to see the  full unredacted copy  evidence of the contract that you have giving you the authority to a)manage , b) ticket and invoice at this car park and c) proceed to full legal redress including court proceedings.  I do not believe you have this and now that I have asked for this copy of the contract you are indeed obliged to show me. You will say 'no you dont' but I assure you that you are obliged to show me this now and in the event that you do not then this is an automatic win for me at POPLA

4 - Signage at the car park has NO Planning permission according to our Council investigation.  This will again be cited at POPLA

5 - Reasonable Commercial justification..... following the Beavis vs Parking Eye decision I am now able to require you to set out the full  the  'reasonable commercial justification' for the amount being charged.  Please send me details of how the amount is arrived at and demonstrate the commercial justification for the excessive amount being charged for this very short overstay.  

6 - VAT Invoice - as the amount you are claiming here is not being described as a 'fine or penalty' then it is an amount subject to VAT.   Inland revenue & Customs will be informed in the evnt that you do not provide this VAT invoice to me

In event you decline my appeal on any of the grounds above then send me a POPLA code with immediate effect

Regards

-------------

Date Posted: 20 April 2016 at 4:16pm
Well the challenge has been won: http://www.getbucks.co.uk/news/local-news/campaigners-delighted-successful-parking-charge-11209121

I'm not sure this isn't a pyrrhic victory, though. We could end up with searchlights in the car park. I notice it's still four fifths empty these days, and I, for one have stopped shopping there. Sorry, Halls Bakery. People vote with their feet - and they rarely return.

Date Posted: 20 April 2016 at 7:36pm
i spoke to jenny in halls and she was saying alot of the precinct traders are in favour as people can actually nip in, park easily, make purchases and then leave easily ....so its not all doom and gloom, some traders like the new regulations

-------------

Posted By: EmmaO
Date Posted: 20 April 2016 at 8:06pm
Yes that's what I'd heard too and it's certainly been easier for me to shop there, as I said on the other thread though, I wish it was for longer, two or three hours.

-------------
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)

Date Posted: 21 April 2016 at 6:55am
I and most of my neighbours have actually stopped shopping in CSP altogether now, chiefly because of the parking but also because Budgens stocks are being run down and none of us is a fan of the Co-op. Since we have to take the car out anyway in order to carry groceries home, we might as well drive that little bit further, use Tesco car park and take the 3 hours free parking to browse the shops there, meet friends, buy books, have a coffee etc.

The CSP traders may not have noticed that CSP has shops standing empty whilst GX does not.

I imagine it was the all day parking by staff at those offices along the A413 that caused the issues in the first place? You'll now find them parking at the community centre.

Date Posted: 21 April 2016 at 8:03am
Must admit, it has stopped me shopping in the village. It is good for Halls, I have previously tried to park at lunchtime and ended up going elsewhere so I will benefit eventually, but I've stopped visiting the other shops, including Flames and Judds.

Date Posted: 21 April 2016 at 8:42am
malc dont you still get your wooly pullies from M and co ?

-------------

Posted By: EmmaO
Date Posted: 21 April 2016 at 7:21pm
Malc it is ideal to park there and go to Judds and Flames, I'm sure you'll never get into trouble for parking there and shopping two mins away, how could they police that?

-------------
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)

Date Posted: 21 April 2016 at 8:36pm
Baggles, as you know I'm sure, M&co do not cater for men. It's a valuable shop for the village but nothing in there for me

Date Posted: 21 April 2016 at 8:39pm
Emma, I always try and obey the rules. If I got fined £80 or whatever for buying a kebab from Flames, I'd rather not take the chance.

Posted By: watsy
Date Posted: 22 April 2016 at 10:24am
M & C do have stuff for men and the shop next to the sports shop is just for men.

Date Posted: 23 April 2016 at 12:13pm
agreed watsy..... m and co do childrens, womens, mens and home furnishing products

-------------

Date Posted: 17 December 2017 at 7:00pm
Just a reminder if anyone gets a ticket at this badly managed car park. 

It's easily defended as they are not in full compliance with their legal requirements on ticket issuance.

DONT pay anything that they ask you to as its just an unenforceable INVOICE..........to be clear what they send you is NOT a parking FINE although they try and dress it up as such! 

This is PRIVATE land owned by a private company and the money will simply go into their pockets ...its NOT a fine as on say a double yellow or council car park which IS a fine and where that money would go to the council / courts / government.  

For any help just drop me an email at yourparkingrights@gmail.com and i will guide you through the appeal process against this lot ...

PJ

-------------

Posted By: hissing sid
Date Posted: 18 December 2017 at 2:01am
can the owner of the property, impound and if necessary remove the car.

-------------
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Posted By: lesleyr
Date Posted: 18 December 2017 at 9:36am
No cars parked on private land can not be impounded or clamped unless by the police as an abandoned car or the land has public access and it can then be clamped by the dvla if untaxed. Removal by the land owner could be seen as theft !!

Date Posted: 03 January 2018 at 9:35pm
Correct - this is private land and managed under the Protections of Freedom Act (PoFA) and clamping and car removals is strictly forbidden in law.  That's why they resort to just issuing a parking invoice / ticket and seek to extort money from drivers using threats.  

These are NOT fiens - they are simply a private company issuing drivers with uneforceable invoices. 

Pass the word round and feel free to drop me a note for help tto avoid paying them anything. 

-------------

Posted By: csp99
Date Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:33pm
Hello prjohnsonnn, I'm just checking to make sure that the gmail account mentioned above is still being monitored, as I am need of assistance and mailed to it earlier - thanks.

Posted By: csp99
Date Posted: 18 May 2018 at 6:00pm
hi all, can anyone help me out.... I have received an invoice from the precinct operators and am loath to pay it due to this thread. However, I have had no response from the gmail account mentioned above, my post from last week or a private message to Peter. Any advice would be gratefully received, what have others members done in response to the parking invoice? Many thanks for the help.

Posted By: ArtB
Date Posted: 19 May 2018 at 7:27am
No actual experience but have a read of:

https://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/motoring/cars/using/2016/parking-fines-on-private-land" rel="nofollow - https://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/motoring/cars/using/2016/parking-fines-on-private-land

it appears to offer sensible comment.

Art

-------------
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!

Posted By: treebeard
Date Posted: 19 May 2018 at 9:08am
First:

Did you park for longer than an hour, if yes pay up!

If no I am sorry, but you need to challenge the invoice.

If yes and you don’t want to pay, please put your home address on this site so that anyone wishing to park short or long term on some else’s land for free can park on your drive.

Date Posted: 19 May 2018 at 9:48am
hummmmm

If you parked there longer than an hour (and if what the invoicer is doing is illegal) then don't pay up and don't provide your address.

Posted By: AlpinaB5
Date Posted: 19 May 2018 at 7:05pm
OK, let’s put this to rest. Whilst it is right (as PRJ says) that precinct charges are not criminal fines to be enforced in the criminal courts, that does not mean that they are unenforceable in law. The SAGA link is a good guide. The precinct charges are governed by the civil courts so that the invoices can be enforced as outstanding debts in the local county court NOT magistrates. When asking whether the company will take the time to take action, these are the relevant factors: this company had hundreds of clients and so it is obviously profitable for them. Proceedings can now be commenced using the court’s on line system which is cheap and easy for them. The company probably employs clerks to oversee things and so they don’t need to employ outside solicitors so that their costs are absorbed by their overheads. As soon as they issue proceedings on line you become liable for the issue costs, and at every other stage if you ignore them the fixed costs get higher and higher. Even if you are able to establish a defence after months of hassle (eg penalty clause - won’t win) you will not get your costs back as it’s small claims court. The company won’t worry because it’s part of their nationwide profitable business. They’ve built in reserves to cover the occasional loss. I’ve heard so many people moaning about this but the answer is simple. It is private land and you can park free for an hour, but don’t moan if you can’t count 60 mins. This is my view, I accept no responsibility nor assume any duty of care for the advice if you rely on it. If you need further reassurance take the advice of a solicitor, but it’s probably cheaper to pay for overstaying the allotted time. PRJ has probably gone silent because he realises his “advice” is rubbish. Correct its not a criminal offence, wrong it’s not enforceable in the courts. Take care all. 😂

Date Posted: 19 May 2018 at 7:10pm
ps the address issue is irrelevant. The invoices arrive by post because DVLA give the address to them based in the number plates which are caught on camera. They don’t use wardens.

Posted By: purbeckgirl
Date Posted: 12 July 2018 at 2:17pm
I have been issued with a £60 parking charge notice by CarFlow for parking in St. Peter’s court car park for 1 hour 36 mins.
Lived here years and didn’t even realise that there was an hour restriction (clearly I’m usually a speedy shopper).
I really don’t want to pay it as there are a heap of things that are much more fun I could do with the money but I did do the deed and the signs (now I’ve finally read them) do seem pretty clear.  

Date Posted: 12 July 2018 at 2:57pm
I'm sure you don't want to pay it, I don't think most people would want to pay it either.

It sounds like in your mind you think you should pay and as long as they aren't doing anything illegal I suppose thats probably the right thing to do.

Posted By: CharlieB
Date Posted: 12 July 2018 at 3:01pm
Not telling you what to do... But, I know many people who have ignored it and it has not been followed up...
As they say... The choice is yours...! :)

-------------
CharlieB

Date Posted: 12 July 2018 at 3:03pm
I would say that I didn't perhaps use the correct terminology in my recent post.  I would also be inclined to not pay if I believed that CarFlow were indugling in sharp practice ie not illegal but on the edge of illegal (the sort of stuff that might be on Watchdog)

Posted By: Rich Kid
Date Posted: 12 July 2018 at 5:11pm
https://www.devonlive.com/news/motoring/you-pay-parking-charge-notice-326724%20" rel="nofollow - https://www.devonlive.com/news/motoring/you-pay-parking-charge-notice-326724

Date Posted: 15 July 2018 at 5:41pm
Thank goodness somebody finally understands it’s a civil law matter not a criminal law issue.

Posted By: purbeckgirl
Date Posted: 15 July 2018 at 9:25pm
Many thanks to all for their helpful comments, which I have mulled over at some length.

Given that I broke the rules, they were clearly stated, CarFlow have indulged in no sharp practices and were within their rights as far as I can see, I don’t think I have any grounds to appeal.

Apparently this is civil not criminal as you say, so if I don’t pay I could be taken to small claims court, which would cost a whole heap more.  Or it might be forgotten, in which case I’d save my £60.  All depends on how efficient CarFlow are. 
CarFlow took 10 days to send the penalty, including photos of me driving in and out of the car park, to my home address (DVLA no doubt) so they seem pretty efficient.

After much gnashing and wailing, I girded my loins and paid the fine.

Date Posted: 15 July 2018 at 9:37pm
I think I would probably have paid the fine too.

Date Posted: 16 July 2018 at 11:21am
Pay or not pay, it all depends on the nature/wording of the notice.
If you receive a 'fine' from a parking company you can claim for harassment under Section3 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 on the basis that no legal 'fine' exists and they are unable to show you any legislation allowing them to 'fine' anyone. 
The notice you received no doubt was specifically designed to look like an official council-type parking notice.

Posted By: hissing sid
Date Posted: 16 July 2018 at 11:23am
Originally posted by purbeckgirl purbeckgirl wrote:

Many thanks to all for their helpful comments, which I have mulled over at some length.

Given that I broke the rules, they were clearly stated, CarFlow have indulged in no sharp practices and were within their rights as far as I can see, I don’t think I have any grounds to appeal.

Apparently this is civil not criminal as you say, so if I don’t pay I could be taken to small claims court, which would cost a whole heap more.  Or it might be forgotten, in which case I’d save my £60.  All depends on how efficient CarFlow are. 
CarFlow took 10 days to send the penalty, including photos of me driving in and out of the car park, to my home address (DVLA no doubt) so they seem pretty efficient.

After much gnashing and wailing, I girded my loins and paid the fine.

Re photo of me driving car out of car park.
Does the picture clearly show you or just somebody driving?  Not sure if I would have paid.

-------------
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Date Posted: 17 July 2018 at 5:35am
The Civil Law nature of the issue means it is irrelevant who was driving the car. 

Date Posted: 23 July 2018 at 8:12am
Just a reminder that you can only park there if using the precinct shops. If you want to go to the High Street or Market Place then you need to move your car. 

The plus sign is that people visiting the shops can usually get parked.  

Date Posted: 23 July 2018 at 1:52pm
plenty of  shoppers park there for an hour and shop on the market place malc... 

what if you need cash and have to go to the atm at barclays in the market place... what a load of tosh

-------------

Posted By: CharlieB
Date Posted: 23 July 2018 at 1:59pm
They only monitor your car registration plate going in and then out.  They don't monitor where you shop so parking there and shopping up the market place wont get you in to trouble with a ticket so I wouldn't worry about that at all.

-------------
CharlieB

Date Posted: 23 July 2018 at 7:49pm
i simply do not understand why people moan about the precinct parking. It’s 1 hour just like the church road car park and Market Place. It ain’t rocket science and it’s very fair compared to before when people parked there for hours on end blocking 2 spaces. I’ve explained the legal background earlier in this thread but the thing that really gets me is that everybody I’ve spoken to about this in the village lives within a 10 minute walk (the Heights, Lovel Road, Lower Rd etc). Eff’s sake come on!!!! Walk down for goodness sake. Don’t drive and then moan because you’ve been caught out because you’re too lazy to walk into the Village you purport to be proud of! Clowns. 🤡 

Date Posted: 23 July 2018 at 8:41pm
I have to say Alpina, I have a problem disagreeing with anything you have said there (other than calling people clowns).  I love walking down into the village and find the parking behind the Church fine.  I used to worry no end about my car in the precinct as even though it is small I used to worry it would get dented

Date Posted: 24 July 2018 at 11:54am
I suggest that going forward, if anybody from the Village gets a precinct parking notice, they should be forced to buy a red nose and wig from the party shop opposite and wear them for a week. 😂

Date Posted: 24 July 2018 at 12:35pm
Would that be a criminal or civil issue Alpina!?

Date Posted: 25 July 2018 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by AlpinaB5 AlpinaB5 wrote:

i simply do not understand why people moan about the precinct parking. It’s 1 hour just like the church road car park and Market Place. It ain’t rocket science and it’s very fair compared to before when people parked there for hours on end blocking 2 spaces. I’ve explained the legal background earlier in this thread but the thing that really gets me is that everybody I’ve spoken to about this in the village lives within a 10 minute walk (the Heights, Lovel Road, Lower Rd etc). Eff’s sake come on!!!! Walk down for goodness sake. Don’t drive and then moan because you’ve been caught out because you’re too lazy to walk into the Village you purport to be proud of! Clowns. 🤡 

That's true, AlpinaB5, so long as you are young enough and fit enough to carry your bags of groceries back home up Chalfont Heights, Gravel Hill, etc. If not, however, by all means, park in the precinct, but buy nothing. I suspect M&S et all know they'd do even more business if it weren't for the parking issues. Like most folks in CSP, I Shop at Tesco, GX, where the parking is free for 3 hours.

Date Posted: 25 July 2018 at 7:02pm
Bucks Fizz, I agree entirely. If you’re not able to to use M&S and the precinct within an hour for shopping, you’re better off out of the village. For all our sakes. 

Date Posted: 25 July 2018 at 7:05pm
that would depend how good you look. In some cases it would be criminal. Some would be civil. Alternatively, it could be uncivil. Hey ho.

Posted By: lesleyr
Date Posted: 25 July 2018 at 10:49pm
I never quite understand how some people are willing to pay 10s of thousands of pounds for their cars but seen to have a problem paying £1.50 for parking ?

Date Posted: 25 July 2018 at 11:18pm
some people believe parking should be free Lesley

Date Posted: 26 July 2018 at 5:13pm
it is free, and it works well as I use Costa and M&S more and more and there is usually a parking place. 

As for the conditions of parking, whilst it’s true they are probably not keeping watch like they were in Budgens, the fact remains that you have to be shopping on site to use the car park. 

So it’s a bit like overstaying on Market Place or parking on double yellow lines, you may not get caught but you are not abiding by the conditions if you leave the precinct and shop elsewhere. Even if within the given hour. 

Posted By: Rod
Date Posted: 26 July 2018 at 6:32pm
If you are quick you could whack it inbetween the old hsbc building and the where the poachers used to be...as long as you leave your hazard lights on.

Date Posted: 27 July 2018 at 4:09pm
bit dodgy there Rod, its the sort of place where the backside of your car could get hit.  I certainly wouldn't park my car there or the big MV Agusta F4 Monoposto either

Date Posted: 27 July 2018 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

it is free, and it works well as I use Costa and M&S more and more and there is usually a parking place. 

As for the conditions of parking, whilst it’s true they are probably not keeping watch like they were in Budgens, the fact remains that you have to be shopping on site to use the car park. 

So it’s a bit like overstaying on Market Place or parking on double yellow lines, you may not get caught but you are not abiding by the conditions if you leave the precinct and shop elsewhere. Even if within the given hour. 

oh so rebellious.....   parking in the precinct and gong to barclays for cash before shopping......

-------------

Date Posted: 03 August 2018 at 9:21pm
right so here we go: it’s free to park for an hour in the precinct, it’s free to park in the church road car park for an hour, you can park free for an hour in market place, and it’s about 1 hr 30 in Budgens. If you can’t sort your free parking in this scenario, then a Precinct payment notice is the least of your problems. You need psychological help. And your car confiscated! 😂😂😂😂

Date Posted: 07 August 2018 at 12:47pm
Re: receiving a ticket for parking on private land ..... here's an interesting story ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-6031749/I-appealed-unfair-private-parking-charge-won.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-6031749/I-appealed-unfair-private-parking-charge-won.html

Date Posted: 12 August 2018 at 6:04am
Just make sure you read the terms and conditions for parking. 

It’s free to park on double yellow lines if you don’t get caught. 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net