Print Page | Close Window

Dishwasher Repair

Printed From: Chalfont St Peter
Category: General
Forum Name: The Forum
Forum Description: If it doesn't fit anywhere else, this is the place!
URL: http://www.chalfontstpeter.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4343
Printed Date: 18 October 2017 at 10:18am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Dishwasher Repair
Posted By: Emma
Subject: Dishwasher Repair
Date Posted: 02 June 2008 at 6:55pm
My worst nightmare has happened and my dishwasher has conked out. Can anyone recommed a good repair person.

Thanks.

Replies:
Posted By: jessama
Date Posted: 02 June 2008 at 7:55pm

I have used Keens in Wycombe for a number of years for dishwasher and washing machine and tumble drier repairs.  No extra call out charge as I remember.  This from yell.co.uk as I am too lazy to go into another room to look up the file.

Keens Domestic Appliances Ltd

2 The Parade, Desborough Avenue, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire HP11 2TP
Tel: 01494 442880

Classification: Washing Machines - Repairs & Parts

-------------
Life is a balancing act
GOP

Posted By: Roy B
Date Posted: 02 June 2008 at 8:02pm
A very good white goods repair man is Chris Summers, his mobile number is 07956 560530. Very reliable, very reasonable and comes highly recommended.

Posted By: MarkD
Date Posted: 02 June 2008 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Roy B Roy B wrote:

A very good white goods repair man is Chris Summers, his mobile number is 07956 560530. Very reliable, very reasonable and comes highly recommended.

I was just looking for Chris's details - he fixed our Tumble Dryer recently and my wife was very impressed by him

Posted By: Helen
Date Posted: 19 June 2008 at 12:52am

in a clean way I hope she was impressed

Posted By: Anita
Date Posted: 19 June 2008 at 4:30pm
I use Chris to repair my dishwasher and he is brilliant.

Posted By: CASE
Date Posted: 19 June 2008 at 8:29pm
fairy liquid and elbow greese are good.

Posted By: Malc London
Date Posted: 21 June 2008 at 5:40pm
So Emma, did your dishwasher get fixed and how much did it cost? Our dishwasher packed up at the same time and I am thinking of getting a new one rather than getting it repaired.

Posted By: hissing sid
Date Posted: 21 June 2008 at 7:07pm
My dish washer packed up the other day as well, I brought her a new pair of gloves. That seemed to have fixed itLOL

-------------
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Posted By: Walrus
Date Posted: 27 June 2008 at 7:19pm
Do you lot have a problem with washing up dishes yourselves?

You can also save the planet in the mean time!

-------------
Is back in the game! :)

Posted By: tribal lizard
Date Posted: 27 June 2008 at 8:34pm

Yep, Chalfont St Peter not using dishwashers will save the planet don't you knowClap!

Date Posted: 05 July 2008 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Walrus Walrus wrote:

Do you lot have a problem with washing up dishes yourselves?

You can also save the planet in the mean time!

Dishwashers More Efficient Than Hand Washing
Scientists at the University of Bonn in Germany who studied the issue found that the dishwasher uses only half the energy, one-sixth of the water, and less soap than hand-washing an identical set of dirty dishes. Even the most sparing and careful washers could not beat the modern dishwasher. The study also found that dishwashers excelled in cleanliness over hand washing
Geek

Posted By: Walrus
Date Posted: 08 July 2008 at 2:43pm
Yes but most people dont fill their dishwashers up before turning them on, therefore using more water than washing with hands.
I bet that doesnt include the electricity used to run the washer and heat the water either.

Human power is better.

-------------
Is back in the game! :)

Posted By: MarkD
Date Posted: 08 July 2008 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Walrus Walrus wrote:

most people dont fill their dishwashers up before turning them on

I often read debates on this forum and am amazed at how pedantic people are, but now it seems I've been converted... What are you basing that statement on?  As far as I am aware I'm fairly normal in only using my dishwasher once it's full, in the same way I only use my washing machine once I have a full load to clean - is that unusual?

Date Posted: 08 July 2008 at 5:51pm
Current research suggests it is even more environmentally friendly to use a dishwasher, using less than one tenth the amount of water that hand washing uses and less detergent.

Posted By: BuzzBunny
Date Posted: 09 July 2008 at 9:44am
Originally posted by MarkD MarkD wrote:

I only use my washing machine once I have a full load to clean - is that unusual?

Most people I think tend to wait until they have 1 and a half loads before they put the machine on, cram it all in, and wonder why the machine breaks,... LOL

The discussions also ignores the fact that it takes me 5 minutes to unstack and reload my dishwasher OR 20 minutes or more to properly wash the dishes, in which time I have much better things to do - like ramming clothes into the washing machine Wink

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2016 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.co.uk