Forum Description: News and info on whats up in Chalfont St Peter
URL: https://www.chalfontstpeter.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2475
Printed Date: 19 April 2024 at 1:13pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: £5 to watch England at Poachers
Posted By: Malc London
Subject: £5 to watch England at Poachers
Date Posted: 10 June 2006 at 10:45am

Could this be an own goal? Poachers are charging their customers £5 and giving them a pot roast included in the price.

Wouldn't it be better to charge £5 for the pot roast and allow the public into a public house?

Replies:
Posted By: Steve
Date Posted: 10 June 2006 at 10:55am
who's going to the WH today, will there be enough room, I noticed the Greyhound have added an area at the front and last night the whole place looked packed,

Posted By: Big Dunc
Date Posted: 10 June 2006 at 11:29am

They have been charging on the door for the major football events for years. And to be fair the atmosphere is brilliant. I watched the Argentina game there during the last world cup, ok I paid a fiver to get in, but what a day!!

Posted By: DanW
Date Posted: 11 June 2006 at 1:00am
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

Could this be an own goal? Poachers are charging their customers £5 and giving them a pot roast included in the price.

Wouldn't it be better to charge £5 for the pot roast and allow the public into a public house

I think the Greyhound were also charging....

-------------
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.

Date Posted: 11 June 2006 at 9:49am

So if you pay to go into a pub, is there any requirement to purchase anything at the bar?

Date Posted: 11 June 2006 at 9:58am
Thats if you can get to the Bar

Date Posted: 11 June 2006 at 10:30am

So you pay £5 to watch a game of football that's "free" to watch at home and you spend you're time at a crowded bar trying to get a drink!  

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 11 June 2006 at 10:33am
I would have been peed off if i had just paid a fiver to watch the shambles yesterday.

Date Posted: 11 June 2006 at 10:57am

Especially if you arrived 4 minutes late!

Date Posted: 11 June 2006 at 11:31am
Talking of drinking I see on the news that during the England and Paraguay game the English players was stopped by officials to having a drink on the side line where I noticed on a number of occasions that the Paraguay team didn't seem to have a problem getting some fluids in them during the game, do we stand a change this year if England are going to be singled out by the Referee/officials

Posted By: jake
Date Posted: 11 June 2006 at 11:46am
the ref was a gelded up idiot

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 11 June 2006 at 6:15pm

he wasnt the 'slickest' referee ive seen

Posted By: BigDave
Date Posted: 12 June 2006 at 8:00am

I'll be watching the next one at my work local..........

it has a 20 foot screen

-------------
If you can keep your head whan all about you are losing theirs, it's possible you haven't grasped the gravity of the situation...........

Champion Tugger 2005 + 2006

Posted By: maria
Date Posted: 12 June 2006 at 7:46pm
Some pubs in north london, there is a fee of £5 to get in and for that £5 you get a ticket and you can buy any thing from the bar, crisps, soft drinks beer etc for the value of £5 and reason for this is that a number of customers just come into the pub, take a seat and buy no drinks and remember pubs are a business.

Posted By: Jenny
Date Posted: 13 June 2006 at 9:11am
However, if my information is correct this was not the case in either the Greyhound or the Poachers. They just charged you to get in and then all drinks/snacks etc were the same price as normal.

-------------
No one really cares if you are miserable so you might was well be happy. (Cynthia Nelms)

Date Posted: 13 June 2006 at 11:41am
Poachers included a pot roast supposedly. Did anyone have it?

Date Posted: 13 June 2006 at 2:48pm
Been nice to have a big screen erected on the common, beer and hot dogs being served

Posted By: big baggles
Date Posted: 13 June 2006 at 3:40pm
where would i fly my model plane then steve- i dont want a screen in the way !!!!!

-------------
need a stella and i need one now !

Posted By: phisch21
Date Posted: 13 June 2006 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

Been nice to have a big screen erected on the common, beer and hot dogs being served

Nice idea, but the yobs would smash it up when everyone had gone home.

Posted By: Wendy
Date Posted: 13 June 2006 at 8:20pm

Originally posted by phisch21 phisch21 wrote:

Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

Nice idea, but the yobs would smash it up when everyone had gone home.

Do it in the community centre then!

Posted By: Fans
Date Posted: 14 June 2006 at 1:31pm
As usual...... I was in the 3 pigeons, watching the game, with son no 2 and a couple of his friends, great atmosphere! And no charge! Except I bought lunch for all three of them!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net