Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New bin collections

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libtek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2013 at 4:36pm
I read in the Bucks Advertiser that in February 2014 the cost of green bin emptying is going up to £40+. We only paid our Annual (!!!) subscription in June this year and yet in  8 months time the council will want another wodge of money from us. They obviously see us all as suckers and have a different understanding of the term "Annual" than everyone else.
Weekends are a bit like rainbows. They look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.
Sponsored Links

oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2013 at 12:14am
stop HS2.
Nessun Dorma View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nessun Dorma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 4:06pm
Although I truly believe that the district council's latest move almost certainly lead to increased reports of fly-tipping, the report is dated before the new regime came into effect and relates specifically to commercial waste fly-tipping.
Chillies View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2013 at 5:51pm
Bins out by 07.00 today following all the messing since the changeover and guess what.. 17.50 still not collected. Council hotline shuts early too on a Friday so you cannot complain. Shame they do not work the same hours as the rest of us.
Anyone else having this issue?
www.chalfontchillies.co.uk Twitter: @chalfontchillie Facebook: chalfontchillies

Often to be seen walking his Staffie Cross and two Chihuahuas so please say hello
Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2013 at 5:52pm
Fine in st Giles.
Is back in the game! :)
Butterfly View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2013 at 6:10pm
6pm and bins still out on verge awaiting pickup.  This means that yet again the food waste has been sitting in the sun all day and the 'nasties' will be growing in profusion - SO unhygienic!!!!
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2013 at 9:50am
there was a 7.5 tonne taillift truck plodding around this morning following the refuse truck, taking away green bins without stickers....
need a stella and i need one now !
Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2013 at 8:07pm
I continue to fill my green bin then put it in the boot of he car and take it to amersham tip to dump the contents.
Is back in the game! :)
PeaBee View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeaBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2013 at 8:34pm
My, What a big boot you've must have!!         Confused
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2013 at 1:25pm
We are having trouble getting the blue bin swapped for a smaller one. I've first requested it in August and the last update was that it would happen in November after Wycombe would have received their bins. I rang in November and still no answer. The only thing they can say is that we have to wait. I have tried speaking to the manager (not returned my call). Does anyone else have the same problem?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>