Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New bin collections

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote born and bred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New bin collections
    Posted: 23 April 2013 at 8:07pm
Just had notification that the free collection of garden waste is finishing this June. So we have to pay to have it collected or take it to the dump ourselves. I predict more illegal dumping on our lanes .. The current system works well. Obviously no reduction in the council tax. A roundabout way of increasing the council revenue by reducing services.
local born and bred
Sponsored Links

Darth View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2013 at 8:30pm
I was pleased to see the additional service of collecting tins, plastics etc with the glass. I also think that paying £1 per collection of my garden waste is good value for money and have signed up for it. I also think that the endless mess around the recycling bins in Church Lane will be much reduced and therefore less unsightly as the majority of the CSP recycling community will make use of the new service. All in all I think it is a better service they are going to provide.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2013 at 9:57pm
i agree born and bred. the fly tipping issue will only get worse.....
need a stella and i need one now !
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2013 at 10:19pm
From the quick skim I had of the letter I received through the post today, it seemed that they are massively increasing the amount of recycling that will be done on the doorstop so on the whole very positive. Think I also read that food waste will be weekly (Could be wrong). When it was first introduced almost 10 years ago (from memory) there were complaints about food rotting over a 2 week period in the sweltering hot summers.

The garden recycling was about £28 for a whole year less than the petrol it would cost me to go to the tip. There is already loads of fly tipping of garden waste in the area down the lanes.

I welcome more recycling.
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2013 at 11:58pm
If you get together with your neighbours, you can split the cost. No-one needs to fill a bin so splitting the cost and sharing a bin makes sense.
phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 9:01am
I often fill the bin
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 9:11am
i have 2 green bins -we bought another as if you do alot of gardening then its easy to fill with trimmings nad grass clippings...
need a stella and i need one now !
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 12:23pm

Most of my grass cuttings go into compost.

Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 10:51pm
On the whole this is good.

The extra recycling is excellent and will save me taking tins and plastic to he recycling centre. I'm glad they are doing weekly food waste.

I'm disappointed about the charge for garden waste, this a back door council tax increase. But garden waste can go in to a composter. They are free to get.
Is back in the game! :)
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 11:30pm
Well soon I won't need a garden waste bin cause I'll have no room for a garden cause of my bins!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>