Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW 30MPH LIMIT ON A40

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

So same question to you Tobic, if your Government made all the roads around you a 10mph speed limit, you wouldn't have a problem with that? You would just accept it without question?

I would never have that problem because that problem would never apply.

I am certain your government has never imposed a 10mph speed limit for no reason in England the same as it has never applied over here.

But if you are asking if I slow down where it is necessary the answer is yes.
I do slow down to 25 kph through school zones and road works, I do slow down to 50kph and 40 kph through country towns when required to do so.
If you dont speed you never will be fined for speeding, end of story.

Then what would you gripe and winge about on this forum..............

Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.
Sponsored Links

Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by kermie55 kermie55 wrote:

Nothing changes, same old gripes. Drive at 30 and the cops will not nab anyone and then won't bother setting up a mobile camera, simples!!!!

Dont be a prat the speed limit is unrealistic, what is this North Korea?Our great leaders tell us do this do that and we do it without question?
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by brewski brewski wrote:

Originally posted by kermie55 kermie55 wrote:

Nothing changes, same old gripes. Drive at 30 and the cops will not nab anyone and then won't bother setting up a mobile camera, simples!!!!

I presume you NEVER break the speed limit then?Star

People like this and a few others on here never do anything wrong, illegal or immoral they are perfect.
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by tobic tobic wrote:

Who owns the roads..?..............the Government
Who makes the laws and speed limits   ? .......... the Government

So it makes sense to obey the road rules and if you dont agree with them its simple, dont drive on them...............

You what?!?!?i pay for the f**king roads with extortiant fuel tax, road fund license etc etc therefore i will have a say and i will fight back.
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 1:42pm

I am certain your government has never imposed a 10mph speed limit for no reason in England the same as it has never applied over here.

Why do think that "problem" will never apply?

The local Government have imposed a 30mph for no reason as discussed on here, they have also imposed a 20mph limit in some areas which is becoming more common.

I am certain that a section of the A413 will be 20mph is the near future.

The imposition of a 10mph is not fantasy or unrealistic, no more so than a 70mph road becoming 30mph.

Your reply that it will never happen is avoiding the question. You have said you will adhere to the speed limit whatever it is, the question is whether there is a point where you would feel that the limit is unreasonable or do you just accept what your Government decides without question.

Edited by Malc London - 11 May 2011 at 1:42pm
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 3:06pm
it still amazes me that you can get a street caution for carrying a knife but god help you if break 30mph.

Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 4:40pm
You get a bigger punishment for putting the wrong rubbish in the wrong bin than you do for carrying a knife.
kermie55 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kermie55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 6:08pm

No I do not break the speed limit, no point. My licence is to valuable to me and I pay enough money in tax etc without giving them more money in fines, but if you guys want to speed feel free to contribute.

timo_w2s View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timo_w2s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 7:19pm

The imposition of a 10mph is not fantasy or unrealistic, no more so than a 70mph road becoming 30mph.

Indeed, it came pretty close in Finland. A few years ago the government in Finland wanted to make a blanket speed limit of 30 km/h (17 mph) in Helsinki on all roads. There was a public outcry and a "compromise" was made so that the main routes where kept and 40 and 50 km/h and side roads went down from 40 to 30 km/h.

It's worth pointing out that Finnish roads are about twice the width of normal UK roads it makes 17 mph feel even slower... It's not uncommon to see a bus "speeding" to keep to the timetable now.

Oh and speed cameras are starting to pop up now with a fixed margin of 3km/h. So you can do 33 km/h in a 30 area or 123 km/h on the motorway before you get flashed... Fines are based on income so can be anything from 100 euros to really silly figures for more well off.
Who is General Failure and why's he reading my hard disk?
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 7:27pm

Why do think that "problem" will never apply?

The local Government have imposed a 30mph for no reason as discussed on here, they have also imposed a 20mph limit in some areas which is becoming more common.

I am certain that a section of the A413 will be 20mph is the near future.

Your reply that it will never happen is avoiding the question. You have said you will adhere to the speed limit whatever it is, the question is whether there is a point where you would feel that the limit is unreasonable or do you just accept what your Government decides without question.

Always good for a laugh these 'discussions'. Had a thought... every road's ratepayers, perhaps a 100yards at a time, should dictate the speed limit acceptable on their part of the road, and being considerate citizens we should then all abide by limit the residents set. So if the majority want 20 then that should be it, no argument, no discussion, end of! If they decide on 70 equally no problem... could be a ton around some areas of the village by the sound of itBig%20smile

Art

*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>