Forum Home Forum Home > General > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

miltons CSG

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: miltons CSG
    Posted: 26 April 2007 at 10:46am
went for a curry last night with 4 mates....., 
only went to miltons as one of the group spotted a flyer in the paper advertising a special menu to celebrate their 10th anniversary. none of us had been there in the last 7 or 8 years !

basically the 'special anniversary' set menu is  poppadoms and chutneys on arrival...a plate of mixed starters per diner, (sheik kebabs, onion bhaji and chicken tikka bites, salad and similar)

then any main course off the menu of your choice with a cetain number of side dishes, rice dishes and naans included... all for a set fee per diner ( i tihnk about £13)
 this  set fee includes the mixed grill and all the king prawn dishes which alone are about £11 a dish !!!

can't quite remember exactly how much is was per diner - as we had way too many cobras and kingfishers, but 5 of us ate until we were well stuffed and drank loads and the bill was just  under £100

atmosphere was good  for a mid-week night- with us and a big group of about 20  eating in the non smoking section,  the place did get quite noisey later on  as the beer flowed!
 it looks like the place is undergoing redecoration too with some sections sporting new paintwork, other sections waiting to be done !

food was pretty good, one or two dishes were fiery without the flavour ( they seemed to be 'spicey hot' for just hots sake if you know what i mean - this meant you could not taste the flavour in the dish) but otherwise it was not too bad, the food was served promptly and service was attentive....

the tables are very close so you dont get much space and you do feel you are ' eavesdropping' on next doors table/ conversation

but the specail anniversary menu is good value and worth a score in my book of 7 out of 10 !

i understand this special menu is running until the the end of may but it is worth checking first - we had alot of beer !
need a stella and i need one now !
Sponsored Links

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 10:38am
going again tomorrow !
need a stella and i need one now !
 Post Reply Post Reply