Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Maniac Drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maniac Drivers
    Posted: 11 July 2016 at 9:27am
Left the cinema last night after watching Tarzan and was merrilly driving home towards Chslfont Common when was nearly run off the road by 2 maniac drivers racing each other at speeds over 100mph. What is wrong with these A Holes!!!
Sponsored Links

Butterfly View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2016 at 10:19am
I wonder if they were the same idiots I heard racing up and down the by-pass late last night. They sounded manic.
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2016 at 12:07pm
Yup I was disturbed by them too, they were racing as you say on the by pass and using Lower Road as part of the circuit.....
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2016 at 12:53pm
Did anyone advise the police? This is a regular occurrence. The Chalfont St Peter 'track' is very popular and well-known. Speedsters come from miles around to take advantage of our lovely, straight by-pass. Perhaps the Parish Council's hand-held speed camera could be made available at night and at short notice?
Jay View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2016 at 6:31pm
Absolute morons and could very easily end up hurting someone or worse.
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2016 at 7:24pm
There is absolutely no point in calling the police, done it and they couldn't be less interested. Same about dangerous parking. Interestingly I spoke to a traffic warden in the village about the cars on Lower Road parked all over the pavements and he said he'd had a look but he wasn't allowed to ticket them as he's only contracted to ticket cars parked in certain circumstances, parking on the pavements isn't one of them as the PCSO should do that. Honestly you couldn't make it up.........
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2016 at 7:25pm
Not sure how borrowing the councils hand held camera would help? Am I being daft?
Paul_G View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2016 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by EmmaO EmmaO wrote:

There is absolutely no point in calling the police, done it and they couldn't be less interested. 

The wheels of the law grind slow . . . but they do grind.  (Maybe that should read 'They CAN grind!)

I'm not a policeman and have no involvement with the police. But if I try to imagine stuff like this from their perspective I suspect they'd like:
  Evidence
  Background/history/corroborative data
  Any possible personal identification.

All of these make their job easier.

What they may not like (but is fundamental to nailing these miscreants) is a formal complaint.  This goes on their crime stats and then becomes one to clear for kudos.  If several people report the same bad folk doing the same bad thing over time then apprehending them gives the police multiple 'successes' on their crime stats.  Conversely, if there are 5, 10 or 20 reports of a similar problem that aren't sorted their stats go through the floor. In this case they become motivated to solve them all in one fell swoop.

My authority for this? I've had a couple of problems in the past and I've written to the Chief Constable of the local force outlining the issue, the place, time and date of the problem together with the index number of vehicles involved and description of people concerned.  This has been enough for the police to get an easy result - but in part their action has been based on a formal complaint that a crime has been committed - phoning them doesn't guarantee that as I believe the call handlers have considerable discretion as to how calls are interpreted.

How to sort the CSP issue?  Get vehicle make/model & registration details and nature/time of problems, together with concerns about possible outcomes if the activity is not curtailed. Phone the police by all means - but follow up with a letter to the TVC Chief Constable. I know that if I were the TVC CC and got half a dozen letters saying if the high-speed joyriding wasn't stopped then people would quite likely die I'd be more than a little concerned!

My 2c worth.

P

Jay View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2016 at 10:54pm
I agree that it is definitely worth reporting to the police on 101. However not sure will have much luck in getting reg details...both cars flew by me so fast that I didnt even have enough time to get a glimpse of make/model. We need speed cameras and/or speed breakers/bumps.
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2016 at 9:08am
Originally posted by EmmaO EmmaO wrote:

Not sure how borrowing the councils hand held camera would help? Am I being daft?

Emma, they've been out there during the day, targeting speeding motorists with the hand-held speed cam, handing over the details and the police have taken action against those speedsters. Why not at night? The camera works at night too. Just needs someone willing to turn out. Unlike the daytime speed merchants, these hooligans are not just passing through but are engaging in protracted racing around the village. They should be easier to spot, record and report.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>