Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Maniac Cyclists

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maniac Cyclists
    Posted: 14 July 2016 at 6:04pm
As a follow up thread to Maniac Drivers I want to talk about Maniac Cyclists.

Earlier I turned left into Tesco in Gerrards Cross from Packhorse Road and then slowly swung around (almost U-turning) to enter into the 'drop off' layby area outside the strore.  There are no markings to suggest the drop off area should be approached from the car park.  ie I believe I was performing a lawful maneouvre.  During the u-turn I noted a young lady cyclist riding the wrong way down the 'drop off' area layby and approaching me from the right hand side.  I therefore stopped without completeing the U turn so the lady could simply pass unhindered in front of me and not getting hit by me.

As she rode past, she called out "you didn't see me did you".

I did in fact see the lady and stopped accordingly and if I not have been looking out for her, I would have 'seen her' as I drove into her possibly breaking her left leg.  Additionally,  after lecturing me she continued riding the incorrect way down the drop off point and also then rode across the 'stripes' (ie the pedestrian part) of the zebra crossing 50m east of the drop off circle and then up the path into Station Road Car Park!!!
Sponsored Links

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2016 at 6:18pm
oooh, to clarify, Im not saying for one moment all cyclists are maniacs.
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2016 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by MV Owner MV Owner wrote:

oooh, to clarify, Im not saying for one moment all cyclists are maniacs.
Many are in my experience.
Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2016 at 9:53pm
They even run up mountains in France,
Is back in the game! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply