Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Holy Cross Development
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Holy Cross NSE Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


Holy Cross NSE Development

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Poll Question: Should the 'village' carry on the legal fight against the development
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
29 [76.32%]
9 [23.68%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle
Avatar

Joined: 09 December 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 2299
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2013 at 2:31am
If your going to increase the population, you have to increase the infrastructure.
stop HS2.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper
Avatar

Joined: 11 January 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 7201
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2013 at 9:47am
apparently not chris !
 
i am not going to post anymore on this topic,
 
need a stella and i need one now !
Back to Top
Nessun Dorma View Drop Down
Villager
Villager


Joined: 29 October 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 296
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nessun Dorma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2013 at 2:31am
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

apparently not chris !
 
i am not going to post anymore on this topic,
 
 
Who said that the infrastructure wouldn't need to change?
Back to Top
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper
Avatar

Joined: 11 January 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 8473
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2013 at 6:43am
Originally posted by Nessun Dorma Nessun Dorma wrote:

I am not exactly very keen on the so-called fight that has been waged in my name. What many of the objectors seem to forget is that the village consists of about thirteen thousand people, many of whom do not agree with the parish council's stance on this development.


Thankfully, a sizeable majority of the 13,000 support the Parish Councils stance.

There are less school places in the village than before Holy Cross closed down. Adding a thousand or so extra people to the village will require more school places. More everything in fact.

And anyone who ventures outside of Chalfont will know that the new housing estate will not be filled with the children of the existing village population.
Back to Top
Nessun Dorma View Drop Down
Villager
Villager


Joined: 29 October 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 296
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nessun Dorma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2013 at 10:03pm
I suppose you are going to repeat the scare stories I have been hearing, about migrants from Poland and Romania taking the houses?
Back to Top
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper
Avatar

Joined: 11 January 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 8473
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2013 at 10:51pm
Stories? It's fact. Ealing in particular has a high Polish population and in Acton you are more likely to hear the Polish language spoken. You cannot move without seeing a Polish shop and don't forget the 500,000 or so Romanians coming over.

Housing associations will buy up a sizeable number of properties, councils will have to house immigrants and pay the rent.

So if you think the estate will be filled with the offsprings of residents of Chalfont you are mistaken.

I've seen it happen before, no reason why it can't happen here

Back to Top
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian


Joined: 22 January 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 931
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2013 at 11:00pm
Hmmm. School places. Think we were talking about this on another thread too and another poster assured us that Gerrards Cross school and CSP Infants have places that they hold back waiting for the correct profile of students. I can report, now the letters are out with final places that: two people I know have not been able to get places at Gerrards Cross Church of England school and are told that they are still on the waiting list, school starts Thursday!!?? The waiting list is quite long, placed 5th and 11th on the list. Two have been offered places at CSP Infants, another has been told no spaces available. They have been offered places at other schools. All well good saying that people can travel to get to school but if you have more than one child then travelling to another village (as has been suggested) is a bit of a logistical nightmare. Then of course it'd be nice if they can actually play with their school friends after school but again bit difficult if you are scattered around all over the place. So. Maybe school places ARE a factor when considering new homes. I really do welcome development of the site, I think it's great to have more people to use the shops, pubs, cafes, etc. but we must have proper consideration to services and be in keeping with the village. I want my child to be able to buy here but I want then to have a reasonable size place and schools for their kids to attend and the kids who move into the village in the new housing I'm sure would like to be schooled here. Develop the site, yes please, but we need to consider all factors when doing so. Lets not start on getting a doctors appointment! :)
Back to Top
Nessun Dorma View Drop Down
Villager
Villager


Joined: 29 October 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 296
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nessun Dorma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2013 at 12:55am
Originally posted by Bobblehead Bobblehead wrote:

Hmmm. School places. Think we were talking about this on another thread too and another poster assured us that Gerrards Cross school and CSP Infants have places that they hold back waiting for the correct profile of students. I can report, now the letters are out with final places that: two people I know have not been able to get places at Gerrards Cross Church of England school and are told that they are still on the waiting list, school starts Thursday!!?? The waiting list is quite long, placed 5th and 11th on the list. Two have been offered places at CSP Infants, another has been told no spaces available. They have been offered places at other schools. All well good saying that people can travel to get to school but if you have more than one child then travelling to another village (as has been suggested) is a bit of a logistical nightmare. Then of course it'd be nice if they can actually play with their school friends after school but again bit difficult if you are scattered around all over the place. So. Maybe school places ARE a factor when considering new homes. I really do welcome development of the site, I think it's great to have more people to use the shops, pubs, cafes, etc. but we must have proper consideration to services and be in keeping with the village. I want my child to be able to buy here but I want then to have a reasonable size place and schools for their kids to attend and the kids who move into the village in the new housing I'm sure would like to be schooled here. Develop the site, yes please, but we need to consider all factors when doing so. Lets not start on getting a doctors appointment! :)
 
I don't understand what the problem is. The argument has been that schools all over the village are at bursting point, when that is clearly untrue. All schools have a limit on the numbers they can accept, when the number has been reached, alternatives have to be considered, that has been the way for generations.
 
Gerrards Cross obviously filled their admission criteria, so parents will have to go to their second choice; that is how it works. I do know that years four and five are below capacity though. When new people arrive in the village they won't all have children all at the same age.
Back to Top
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper
Avatar

Joined: 11 January 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 8473
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2013 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Nessun Dorma Nessun Dorma wrote:

When new people arrive in the village they won't all have children all at the same age.
 
They might.  Chances are they will. 
 
 
Back to Top
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian


Joined: 22 January 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 931
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2013 at 10:20pm
The thing is Nessun Dorma, what you are saying is just not borne out by the experiences my friends and I are having navigating the school system and gaining places for our children. In previous generations it was not expected that you would travel outside of your area for a school place unless maybe you were in central London. I don't know what to say other than that, I can only judge the situation as I see it and am experiencing it right now and this is it. Add another load of houses and no more school places and I do think we are in trouble.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.05
Copyright ©2001-2016 Web Wiz Ltd.