Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Holy Cross - Latest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:56am
Totally agree with Moggies & Maria, although I only have boys! I went there and would not like to see it close, so if there is any sort of petition to sign or more that we could do, I would be pleased to do so.
Sponsored Links

IV form student View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IV form student Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:41am
Originally posted by moggies moggies wrote:

Originally posted by Darth Darth wrote:

Nuns are happy, School and pupils are happy, local residents are very unhappy.

Why do you think the pupils are happy? My understanding from a parent today is that there are not enough places available at alternative schools and therefore some girls are going to be left with no school place whatsoever, anywhere!

Why on earth would you think the students would be happy about the school closing? I am a sixth form student at Holy Cross in the middle of my A levels, and we are all so upset because we all want to go to University and get the best A level grades that we can, how are we expected to do this if we are faced with the burden of moving schools at this crucial stage in our academic lives?

The truth is that the staff and pupils are distraught, coming into school everyday and seeing people cry is not what we want to see.

DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:54am
Shouldn't your name be "VI form student" then, rather than "IV form student"?
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:00pm
Good high attainment level at the school then
Newbie View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:29pm
It's fine for you fellows to be nitpicking about Roman numerals if you only want to come across as thoughtless individuals, but you've missed the point of what she is saying.  The school atmosphere is crumbling - what was once an incredibly positive and uplifting place is quickly becoming one full of forced smiles and barely-concealed tears.  For those of you who wish to do something to show your support or solidarity, you might consider contacting the parents who are working at the school to see if they need any assistance.  The front page of today's Bucks Ad would make a good window poster as a vote of support.
DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:38pm

Do you see the cheeky smiley at the end with the tongue poking out? Do you? Just checking.

Have you written to Cheryl Gillan, called your friends at national papers and emailed support for the school? Have you opened the thread for this discussion at the request of parents at Holy Cross? Just checking.

I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Fans View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:54pm

[QUOTE=Newbie]It's fine for you fellows to be nitpicking about Roman numerals if you only want to come across as thoughtless individuals, but you've missed the point of what she is saying. /QUOTE]

No, I Don't think any of us have, he was just joking! Surely despite the upset of many at the school, a sense of humour would'nt do any harm! even though we do have compassion for you all.  

Jenny View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Newbie Newbie wrote:

It's fine for you fellows to be nitpicking about Roman numerals if you only want to come across as thoughtless individuals, but you've missed the point of what she is saying.  The school atmosphere is crumbling - what was once an incredibly positive and uplifting place is quickly becoming one full of forced smiles and barely-concealed tears.  For those of you who wish to do something to show your support or solidarity, you might consider contacting the parents who are working at the school to see if they need any assistance.  The front page of today's Bucks Ad would make a good window poster as a vote of support.

What exactly have you done?

This forum (which if you bothered to read it you would see) is for lively debate and gentle, light hearted leg pulling (and it was a gentle dig)!

As you would see if you bothered to read both threads about Holy Cross the majority of people on this forum are in support of keeping Holy Cross open and are showing their support.

(The only reason I say majority is that there may be some people who want it to close but have not posted and I do not want to be accused of generalisation or speaking for other people).
No one really cares if you are miserable so you might was well be happy. (Cynthia Nelms)
Steve View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 2:53pm

It would be nice if they can get some sort of protection order on the Holy Cross site, that part of the village cant change just at a drop of a hat, We would become a town once they start building, I have been thinking about what happened at the NEC when they lost there bid, who ever was behind the idea has obviously moved there attention to the Holy Cross

Edited by Steve
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2006 at 3:02pm

Originally posted by Newbie Newbie wrote:

It's fine for you fellows to be nitpicking about Roman numerals .

It was very very funny though. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>