Forum Home Forum Home > General > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello There

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miriam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello There
    Posted: 16 November 2007 at 12:39am
Hi,

My name is Miriam and I moved to Chalfont 3 months ago. I'm at uni at newlands park studying International Management.

I heard about this website through Malcom who I met at the quiz night this evening and thought it would be a great way to get more involved with the community. I come from a very community focused village in Devon so am keen to get more involved up here too. As a student I have far too much time on my hands (or am far too fond of procrastinating!) and would love to put some of this time to good work and get involved with some voluntary work near by. So if anyone has any suggestions, or any charity work they need assistance with, please let me know.

Look forward to chatting to you all,

Miriam
Sponsored Links

DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 8:20am
Hello Miriam! Welcome to Chalfont. Theres usually a few threads on here asking for volunteers for various things. The soonest is on the 25th November I think when we are putting up the christmas trees and lights from 10am. Meet in the middle of the village I think - basically wherever the big group of people is!
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Miriam View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miriam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 10:10am

Thanks Dan, I'll keep an eye out for those threads but will be there on the 25th for sure.

Jenny View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 10:45am
Also, if you come down to the Fun Night on Friday 7th December (6.00pm onwards) there will be a lot of Organisations with stalls who you can chat to and find something you are interested in.
No one really cares if you are miserable so you might was well be happy. (Cynthia Nelms)
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 10:54am
Hello Miriam, glad you could join us. Hope you enjoyed the quiz and might see you down there again next week.

Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 3:38pm
Did you win Malc?  I was in Stoke last night so couldnt make it...
Is back in the game! :)
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 4:12pm
No, overruled on 1962 for Marilyn Monroes death and on David Copperfield meant that we lost by one point. Only 3 of us though and got 35, so not too bad.

Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 4:13pm
Not that I'm blaming anyone.

jessama View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 5:58pm
Life is a balancing act
GOP
Susie View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 10:16pm
Still doing the quizes, Malc?!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>