Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Green Fence

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesleyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2017 at 9:26pm
They bother me too I think they look horrible and the colour well the less said about that the better, I just think that we need to get things in proportion here.
Sponsored Links

red 5 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red 5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2017 at 9:04am
Sadly I think a couple of you are right - from previous experience this board will be used for marketing reasons... So expect adverts to be posted on there soon.
Wasn't planning permission sought and refused for bigger marketing boards?
Maybe we should add our own marketing messages: Houses made of cardboard. Live here if you don't want your drains to work. No school places left in this village...
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2017 at 9:30am
i am fairly sure its temporary, it looks like what we used to call ' a nosey fence'  to stop people looking in at major construction areas, - the colour is awful, i guess it will be covered in marketing banners soon, 

its the quality and general style i expect of persimmon, - cheap and really nasty ...lol
need a stella and i need one now !
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2017 at 3:13pm
I understand it now "Red"
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Garry View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2017 at 8:39am
The thing that stands out to me on this subject is the lack of information being released to us the villagers by the councils. If you or I ran our business like these people we would be bankrupt, 'these people' being our Chiltern District and Bucks County Councils who never seem to know anything therefore never seem to inform anyone, really, can that be true?
It is obvious to me that if the said councils could at least inform our Parish Council of anything that may affect the outlook/appearance or is of local political concern of our village then all the rumours, worries would stop immediately and then at least the said Councils would at least gain some respect instead of people questioning the antics of our council/councillors. The antics of Persimmon Homes appears that they are invincible on what they can do to our village complete with the applause of our said councils
This is yet another example of how our councils behave, they seem to conveniently forget that they are employed by us the villagers who pay for their livelihoods via our rates and taxes, therefore they should at least have the decency to let us know what is happening to our village, to me it is total ignorance with a two finger salute to the villagers because they are employed in a captive market, there is no competition for the council services, just imagine if there was, there jobs would disappear immediately, would there be tears from anybody? 
GXCSP View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2017 at 11:45am
For goodness sake of course it's temporary. Property developers use those safe boards all the time. They have them in Oval way at the moment and also Bulstrode Way.

You are forgetting that the developers are wanting to sell their product at the end of the day and will make it look as attractive as possible. It's not in their interests to make anything look ugly.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2017 at 10:41am
GXCSP- to quote you....

'You are forgetting that the developers are wanting to sell their product at the end of the day and will make it look as attractive as possible. It's not in their interests to make anything look ugly.'

GXCSP - have you seen what they're building.............

need a stella and i need one now !
GXCSP View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2017 at 10:45am
I did say 'as possible', which for them is curtailed by budgets and profit margins. Anyhow one mans tipple is another mans poison, so a young couple buying their first home may be head over heals in love with them.

I used to hate the idea of these news homes but I now welcome them as in the 8 years I've lived here I've seen CSP become practically a ghost town. It needs new life and these homes will help deliver that. That's what I'm hoping at least.
Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2017 at 8:20pm
I'm not quite sure what your idea of a ghost town is but it is a long way from mine, the village is swamped by people and cars, you can't drive down any road without weaving in and out of badly parked cars. It had quite enough life in it 50 years ago, now it's a bloody nightmare and will be even worse once that lot from the new development start piling in and out. The whole situation is madness and it seems nothing can be done just like HS2, the people have no power and get walked all over by government from top to bottom. It's a great shame as it used to be a lovely village.
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2017 at 10:18am
well said Chilterman.
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>