Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chalfont Jumble Trail

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chalfont Jumble Trail
    Posted: 02 September 2014 at 10:04pm
Hi there! I am trying to promote a free, green community event on Sunday Sept 14th in CSP. You might have seen a few posters around or seen it in the local paper?
The idea for a jumble trail is that people who have stuff to get rid of (car boot sale style) can sell it outside their house on this date. You register your stall on-line (jumbletrail.com) on the Chalfont Jumble Trail page and a map is generated. People can print this off on the day and follow the trail around the village, picking up bargains, meeting their neighbours and generally getting the community vibe! The event is free to register a stall and the kids can get involved selling their unwanted toys, books etc from the pavement!
If you're an artist, knitter, cook or gardener you may have things you've made or grown that people might buy. Bake some cakes and sell refreshments; who is going to eat all those apples on your apple tree?
The event is walkable and has recycling and making some money at its core. You don't pay for the stall and if you get your neighbours, friends and family involved it will be one big village party too!
If you want to register a stall -go to the web-site, put in your post code and press JOIN. To buy -just print the map on the day.
We need more sellers (currently 7 stalls but more promised) and as many buyers as poss -so tell everyone you know.
Let me know if you have any questions and if you think it will work. Its been done in some of the trendy areas of London and I know CSP can do better!!
Sponsored Links

Vicky Vic View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2014 at 7:00pm
Hey!!

Does no one have a view either way on this??

No interest whatsoever????

Thats fine but I'm really surprised!

Whats not to like? Too much effort? Is the concept not clear?

Perhaps this is just not the right audience.

Let me know why forum people aren't jumping at this.

Thanks x
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2014 at 7:13pm
Hi Vicky, I think it's a great idea, I saw something on a lamp post today promoting it. I'm sure this one of the right forums to promote it, thing is many people will read but not comment! It's something I'd consider getting involved with on another day I'm afraid as I can't on the 14th but maybe if it's successful, the next one! Good luck with it, nice to see new ideas coming to life.
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
Vicky Vic View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2014 at 7:38pm
Thanks Emma!
Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2014 at 6:33pm
How many are signed up so far, it sounds like a good idea
Vicky Vic View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2014 at 12:30pm
It is a great idea and so far we have 8 stalls signed up. For a first time event thats ok, but without support from the village it won't work.

This event is next Sunday so if you're at a loose end -please print out the map on the jumble trail web-site and visit your neighbours and their stalls. We have a cake and refreshment stall in Glebe Rd, children and baby items on Goldhill west, clothes, music and books in Leachcroft and lots of stalls round Grove End selling various items and vintage bits.

If the weathers good it will be a fun, community event so please share with your friends and neighbours x

Roy B View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2014 at 8:52am
The Chalfont St Peter Jumble Trail is on today, Kate and Jodie have a very large cake stall at our house. they are selling Cream Tea's, cakes, pastries and Tea & Coffee. Please come and see them at 21 Glebe Road, Chalfont St Peter. http://jumbletrail.com/event/SL99PF2014
Vicky Vic View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2014 at 9:18am
....,and when you've done that, visit all the other stalls in Grove Hill, Grove End, Boundary Rd, Layters Close, leachcroft, Lower rd, Hedgerow (off Garners Rd)and Lansdown Rd!!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you!

dickybird View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickybird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2014 at 7:48pm
A good effort today, Vicky Vic! Congrats to you and all those who took the chance to join you.
Roy B, the cakes were divine!
 Post Reply Post Reply