Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

101 Restaurant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timo_w2s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 5:30pm
We had an enjoyable meal at 101 on Sunday evening. Very friendly service and good food. We'll be going back.
Who is General Failure and why's he reading my hard disk?
Sponsored Links

pierre View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 6:15pm
I told you so!!

Tongue
Perveyor of crap knob jokes since 2007.
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2012 at 7:49am
Me too!
timo_w2s View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timo_w2s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2012 at 1:47pm
Yep, thanks for the tip.
Who is General Failure and why's he reading my hard disk?
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 9:46am
Not having been up to Amersham for a while, we thought we'd get up there early for the market on Tuesday of last week and we planned to treat ourselves to a slap up breakfast at 101. When we got there, the opening time displayed on the door was 0900. It was then 0900 but there was no sign of life and the chairs were still on the tables, so we went to buy the veg etc and came back later. The front door was now open so we went inside, but saw the chairs were still upended on the tables. A seemingly very hung-over, bearded waiter barked at us that the place doesn't open until 0930. We backed off, apologising, though we pointed out, good humouredly, that it was now 0940 and that the displayed opening times in the window said 0900. He looked furious and I got the impression he had the mother of all hangovers, as he wasn't moving too well. He simply shrugged and turned his back on us. In addition to his rudeness,we realised that even were he to let us in, it would be quite some time before he had the kitchen sorted out, so breakfast was out of the question. I suspect he had not been there to receive their bread delivery either. We found somewhere else to eat. We won't be eating at 101 again, which is a shame really, as the South African chap who runs the place is nice, and the food has always been good. There isn't really anywhere else nice for breakfast in Amersham, so in future, I'll eat before I visit the market. Wouldn't you think tho that they'd cash in on the market trade by being open promptly for breakfast?
Jenny View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2012 at 3:01pm
If you want a cooked breakfast have you tried Masterchef?
The service is excellent, very friendly. The food is lovely, the portions are huge and it is excellent value for money.
No one really cares if you are miserable so you might was well be happy. (Cynthia Nelms)
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 6:47am
Thank you for recommendation. Whereabouts is Masterchef?
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 11:22am
stop HS2.
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 2:18pm
Ah, I think I know the one you mean. I have to say I'd been put off by the look of the place in the past, as it looked to be a very burger & chippy type of joint, whereas 101 does eggs benedict (when the waiter isn't hungover!). I know - I'm a food snob! Serves me right.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12