Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3 Oaks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 8:38am
We ate there last night with friends and it was what we all described as ok. I think afterwards even as we hit the car park it went down to not really good value.
Should have spotted the signs as after choosing our food, the table next to us sent all their food back for being cold.

Service was attentive, not hurried and prompt so no issues there, but the food let it down.
Crab starter was just very cold crab on a very cold cucumber jelly which left a really un settling taste in the mouth. As if it had just come out of the fridge and onto the table.
Two of the four mains had burnt veg and the special although tasty for £19 was 2 items one of which was the pie 1cm deep by about 5 long in a bowl which made me think it would be more than one mouthful (
Tempted by the cheese board but £9 for 3 bits of cheese after the 'special' let down stopped that in it's tracks.

Shame as we had looked forward to it as our first night off for a few weeks.

(these views are entirely our own and not those of our business or anyone associated with it or our customers)
www.chalfontchillies.co.uk Twitter: @chalfontchillie Facebook: chalfontchillies

Often to be seen walking his Staffie Cross and two Chihuahuas so please say hello
Sponsored Links

ribeye View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ribeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2012 at 9:24am
Went to the 3 Oaks for their 2 courses for £10 lunch deal this week. Excellent value. I had minute steak and chips with ginger & rhubarb sponge. Good food at a good price. Will definitely be going back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12