Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Holy Cross Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Church

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Number42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Church
    Posted: 20 April 2010 at 10:01pm
The latest revision of the Gerald Eve outline planning application for Holy Cross shows that the building designated in the original plan as 'community use' has now been defined.  As a church.

I have no idea what denomination, but I imagine they (GE) have been speaking to one group or another.  Possibly Catholic, given the current site owners, but where does that leave St Josephs up the road - maybe as a housing site!?  Well at least there would be less of a parking problem on Sundays.

Edited by Number42 - 20 April 2010 at 10:05pm
That's the answer - what's the question?
Sponsored Links

vince View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2010 at 10:37am
Just what the village needs....another Catholic church, or any church. Back to the drawing board, there must be a better use of space. With all the consultation that has gone on, I wonder how many local people wanted another church? 
phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2010 at 10:41am
Originally posted by vince vince wrote:

I wonder how many local people wanted another church? 

Given the traffic chaos every Sunday morning at Gold Hill and St Josephs It wouldn't surprise me if there is a lot of demand for another church
Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2010 at 7:03pm
A few years ago Goldhill Baptists were looking to build a new church, perhaps they are going to relocate.
Sunray
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2010 at 8:40pm
they might be better getting their own car park.
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 5:33pm
Probably going to be a Mosque. 
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

Probably going to be a Mosque. 

Lol thats what I was going to say!
Number42 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Number42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 12:13pm
A mosque would certainly be the best bet for the future, given relative birth rates, but I understand it is planned to be a Baptist church.
Maybe they will build 100 dwellings on the site of the existing church!?
That's the answer - what's the question?
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 4:42pm
Be interesting to see what develops now on the HC and Newlands Park sites now we are officialy under a "hung" govt......Confused

Not forgeting the proposed high speed rail link....Angry
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
Barn Owl View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barn Owl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 8:02pm
The Baptist Church are apparently negotiating with the agents to buy land to build a new church and conference centre.
 Post Reply Post Reply