Forum Home Forum Home > General > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the old devil inn - Knowl hill

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the old devil inn - Knowl hill
    Posted: 23 July 2009 at 9:58am
8 of us went there last night-  its on the A4 in knowl hill, service was excellent the food was exceptional and the rooms were clean and smart,

the location on the A4 did mean the Hgv's were passing the window at about 5 am though....however  this did not detract from the place

a good range of beers and wines and  imaginative menus to  go with your drinks,

a nice  place , a large  beer garden and food prices  were realistic for what was offered up, the poritons were huge and the quality of food was superb

starters ranged from  about £4  to £8 and the mains ranged from £8 for a trio of sausages with mash and gravy  up to £27 for surf and turf, with sirloin and king prawns,

dishes included  roast duck in plum sauce, squid with chilli garlic and 'devils salt'  , curried banana soup,  fetta salad, limed salmon,  and traditional dishes like fish pie, gammon steak, also things like toad in the hole...

there was also an extensive fish and meat specials board too

need a stella and i need one now !
Sponsored Links

J.R. View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 10:34am
curried banana soup - sounds great LOL - as its only down the road from me, i think i'm going to have to check it out.....
JR was ere
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 12:08pm
its really good food... huge portions too really well cooked, great quality too
need a stella and i need one now !
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 12:45pm
i know it. Smile
Wolfie View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 10:25pm
Where the hecks Knowl Hill?

Power to the people

oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 11:52pm
twyford, very near reading on the A4
easy to get to, marlow by pass.
 Post Reply Post Reply