Forum Home Forum Home > General > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lotts Wood - Mountain Bike Trail

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lotts Wood - Mountain Bike Trail
    Posted: 27 July 2007 at 1:41pm
Small woodland just off the A413. Take the A413 past Amersham then turn right towards Hyde Heath. Over the railway bridge and Lott's wood is on the left hand side. The woods have a 2.5 mile very technical singletrack mountain bike race trail with some fast downhill sections and challenging climbs. Great fun to ride and the ground is quite dry and soft if/when you do come off.
Sponsored Links

Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 11:25am
phisch

Thanks for the info... Do you know any other MTB trails around here?
Is back in the game! :)
phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 11:44am
I usually go to the Lookout at Bracknell which is a bit of a trek, but worth it as there are plenty of tracks suitable for all abilities.

There is also a good BMX race track in Hayes - check www.hawksbmx.co.uk for more info.

If you want to jump, then try the dirt jumps near Hodgemoor Woods, just off Bottrell's lane on the right if you are heading away from CSG down the last section of hill. I haven't tried these as they look scary and often taken over by Motorbikers.
Walrus View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 1:17pm
Cheers - i prefer x crountry trail riding to be honest. There was a huge forest where i used to live with loads of trails and i had snowdonia an hour away. But down here there its been difficult to find anything!

Is back in the game! :)
phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 5:20pm
There are a bunch of rides of varying lengths in the (fairly) local area mapped out here http://www.summitmtb.co.uk/

Also a bunch of rides in the area and out to Oxfordshire here http://www.chilternsaonb.org/sites.asp?type=2
 Post Reply Post Reply