Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Members & Voting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Members & Voting
    Posted: 20 March 2007 at 8:39am
All,

Some people have asked me about why they weren't allowed to vote, so here's the deal:

Previously, people have registered multiple accounts to make multiple votes in a poll. To stop this happening, we took the step of not allowing those in the 'Newcomer' group to vote (i.e. those with less than 40 posts) so that this problem would not reoccur and marr the voting.

Some people have been a bit put out by this, but please don't blame us, blame the people who try to rig voting by registering multiple accounts - they are the ones who forced us in to making this decision.

As a result, we have added a new base group, called 'Sandbox' for a new users first 10 posts. Until a user has made 10 posts to the forum, they will not be allowed to vote, add polls etc.

I know this is not ideal, and we do have some long time lurkers who have posted less than 10 times but are always logging on. To them I can only apologise and say that if they PM me, I'll put them in to the Newcomer group so they can get their full voting etc priviledges.

Again, sorry if you feel aggrieved at not being able to participate in the voting this year - it was done with the best possible intention of ensuring a fair vote.

Dan
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Sponsored Links

pierre View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2007 at 10:42pm
I voted three times!

Cool
Perveyor of crap knob jokes since 2007.
 Post Reply Post Reply