Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gerrardso Cross station

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dot poleykett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gerrardso Cross station
    Posted: 15 January 2016 at 6:42pm
Anyone remember the lady who had curviture of the spine and collected the tickets.
I think her name was Emmy or similar.
I remember she gave me a fluffy rabbit with a red white and blue ribbon thinkIit may have been about the time of the coronation.

Sponsored Links

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2016 at 11:20pm
I remember her, I'll think of her name later ( I hope). She injured her back by falling off a horse drawn cart, when she was younger.

I think she was an Elderfield.

Edited by hissing sid - 16 January 2016 at 12:08am
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Butterfly View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2016 at 11:10am
We always knew her as 'Little Em'.  I remember her lighting all the gas lamps!! That was in the 1960's NOT 1860's btw. 

Sparkle View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2016 at 2:09pm
I remember it well Butterfly!
jast View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2016 at 9:02pm
I think her name was Emmy Fisher. She lived in Lovel Mead in the 1970s.
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2016 at 5:58pm
There was also another lady and male porter who worked at the station when I used to go to school in High Wycombe from GX station.
 Post Reply Post Reply