Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Garden of rest ruling

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laceyb15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Garden of rest ruling
    Posted: 26 August 2014 at 7:13pm
No one likes talking about topics related to death. But are you aware of a new ruling which is causing distress to the recently bereaved like myself. New rules were brought in in 2011 which state that all new graves are going to be grassed over. Therefore we are unable to tend our loved ones graves. Although we have bought a 75 year lease, we have no say in how we keep the grave. We were made to sign an agreement without reading the conditions before the funeral. The parish council will not let us upkeep the plots due to health and safety. I ask all those who know the garden of rest in joiners lane/denham lane take a walk up there, especially the new section plot k and help us fight this law.
Sponsored Links

Piggy1 View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piggy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2014 at 7:29pm
I was born and lived in Chalfont St Peter for most of my life.  I have many family and friends burried at the Garden or Rest and I am appalled that the Parish Council have introduced this rule.  Why can they not introduce this rule to the very old graves which are the first you see when entering the Garden, which are not kept to well.  Surely those people who are happy to take on the maintenance of their leased plots should be welcomed to do so, saving the Parish Council time and money.       
What has "Health and Safety" got to do with grieving family members wanting to tend their loved ones graves.  

I strongly think that people of Chalfont St Peter past and present should stand up and fight this absurd ruling and give heartbroken, grieving families the chance to grieve and not to have to face this stupid red tape.   

Come on, WE CAN FIGHT THIS surely.
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2014 at 7:40pm
Is it lawful to request that you sign something without knowing what you are signing???  Secondly. what is the health and safety concern exactly???
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2014 at 7:42pm
Is this the sort of news that the local newspapers would be interested in??
Laceyb15 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laceyb15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2014 at 7:54pm
Thanx for your positive comments. The local paper has bed running stories on this. The last communication from the parish council to one grieving widow was,we will not continue communicating with you. If you do not like the ruling we will reimburse your fees and wait for it, you can have your husband exhumed and buried somewhere else, the first phase of grassing starts on 13th October!
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2014 at 7:55pm
If I remember correctly, The Chapel cemetery (on Hampden rd) and the church cemetery (between the chapel cemetery and church lane) were both leveled in the 80's.
It was done to make it easier to maintain. e.g to cut the grass.
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2014 at 8:07pm
you could turn up at the Parish Council meetings and start making things a bit more public
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2014 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by MV Owner MV Owner wrote:

you could turn up at the Parish Council meetings and start making things a bit more public

arr, okLOL
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Laceyb15 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laceyb15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2014 at 8:20pm
The graves on those cemeteries are old and I would imagine no relatives wanting to take care of the upkeep, the plot concerned at the garden of rest are all well maintained and look beautiful. I am a widow aged 56, there is a mother who tends her 21 year old son's grave every day. Her son's grave is going to be one of the first to be grassed
Laceyb15 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laceyb15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2014 at 8:21pm
I will certainly be doing this once i know when the next meeting is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>