Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lower Road and Surrounding Roads Parking Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lower Road and Surrounding Roads Parking Issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
lesleyr View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesleyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lower Road and Surrounding Roads Parking Issues
    Posted: 30 March 2018 at 2:42pm
I'm sure I heard a few months ago that CDC were looking at possible redevelopment of the community center and football club could two storey parking not be incorporated into the plans for this ?
Sponsored Links

Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2018 at 9:27am
I wonder if it is possible to temporararily suspend parking to see what the effects are, probably cones would be the best way with some notices like the ones at the top of market place. I still have concerns that if the car park is full all day where would all the school traffic park, at present the car park provides a pretty perfect solution to it.
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2018 at 9:17am
Nice to see such passion and debate from us all, we’re all fighting for the same outcome so between us and other motivated villagers hopefully, along with the NAG and other local organisations we’ll achieve something. I do agree with you both that generally church lane has lots spaces but of late that hasn’t always been the case. I and other residents are not lying when we say we’ve been in there recently and not been able to park or there were times when spaces are limited, why would we? Although I’m pleased you both can provide photos of when there are spaces!
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
FayR View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FayR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

i am with Fay R  on this  ( yes Fay i am agreeing with you for once ! )

😂😂😂😂 only took 15 years! 😜
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by EmmaO EmmaO wrote:

With some things Art B I would agree with you but CDC are responsible for planning permission, not much of a chance to blame the london ostriches.

I totally agree with your concerns and wouldn't try to stop you fighting the corner, however, CDC are only responsible for planning decisions in accordance with the National Policy Framework. That presumes a right to develop. Worse still the increase in housing by area is centrally dictated therefore CDC have little say on the number, therefore they are almost totally powerless. This is where the developers leap in... They just cry foul, challenge a refusal throwing as much money as needed, to overturn a refusal. OK they may have to cough up a little to provide a local amenity etc. but they are almost on a no loose situation.

Hopefully that helps with the picture that the London ostritches need to be taken under control. Just consider for a moment if the boot were on the other foot. e.g. Without an excellent business case no development allowed is CSP. why?

Transport - Local and regional - Capacity exceeded, not sustainable.
Road Network - Capacity exceeded, not sustainable.
Local parking - Capacity exceeded, not sustainable.
Schools - Insufficient spaces, not sustainable.
Water supply - Capacity exceeded, not sustainable

need I go on?

Art

*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 5:29pm
i am with Fay R  on this  ( yes Fay i am agreeing with you for once ! ) - we keep getting told that church road is full, - its not, i walk through church road car park around 4 days out of 5 .... and there are spaces, -  yes i agree ,school drop offs and school pick up times  swells the number of vehicles in the car park  but  when i alk across the car park during office hours then the car park is  usually about 65 % full.... i detailed this on the facebook page ' chalfont st peter connected'  there are one or two  who disagree and still say its 100% full during the week, but i have chronicled the car park spaces this week with photos, and its not full, as Fay states people choose to park in residential roads because theyre lazy and they dont want to pay for parking.... having attended the meeting at the parish council and having spoke at length about parking issues its clear  that more enforcement and more parking is required, but it was also made clear that CSP would not get another car park until the current one is fully utilised...

if we could get some of these cars  into the car park and off the residential side roads it would be a great benefit for the  village as a whole, i know we cant clear all of the cars  but with managed on street parking, and a warden patrolling i think we could start to alleviate some of the vehicle movement issues csp has.....

i also wish the minibus service which is already provided for  workers at gravel hill could be further promoted, - a mini park n ride !- also the cricket club and others winkers maybe have spaces during the day which could be used and maybe these venues raise funds as a result ?

the rent out your driveway idea is a good one, - but it has pros and cons, - i use just park  and park@my place apps from time to time.... the plus is residents can earn a few quid from renting their driveway, - it helps to look like homes are occupied too with a car on the drive, maybe reducing crime ?

the downside is drive owners  tend to rent out their drive for around £ 5 to 7  a day, thats more than parking all day in church road... also there is a crime risk too with different vehicles coming and going form private driveways,  hard to know what vehicle is authorised to be there  ?  are those strangers collecting their car or casing the house for a burglary ? 

difficult, but i am still a believer in trying to promote the use of the church road car park - lets get it full with erm...... PARKED CARS ! - yes there is a cost, but thats life,  people pay to commute to work, it may be a train a bus, or car  park charges.... its a cost associated with employment.....

this would free up the parking hotspots,  traders in the market place state there are some vehicles being parked there all day, due to no enforcement,  these spaces are needed for shoppers, 1 hour free, 

if there are some managed parking spaces in the lower road, the vale, by the clock say 1 hr max stay then there are spaces for visitors to the village to  stop do some shopping and get back to their car, - if they want to stay longer then use the church road car park and pay....

if the car park is utilised it raises revenue through parking fees for the parish, - if it does become 100% full every day then we can approach Bucks CC and demand additional parking in CSP- we will be able to show there is insufficient infrastructure in the village to support the large numbers of workers who commute into the village by car.... at the moment the council think csp doesnt have a parking issue as the church road car park is half empty most days....
need a stella and i need one now !
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2018 at 6:47pm
Yes Watsy they are being 'unified' I believe.....
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2018 at 6:46pm
With some things Art B I would agree with you but CDC are responsible for planning permission, not much of a chance to blame the london ostriches.

The more I look into it the more I am disturbed by how much of a cross over there is as people seem to have multiple roles across different councils and multiple roles within the Conservative party, there seems to be some conflicts of interest that I don't believe would be allowed in private companies so I'm not sure why it's acceptable in political parties or councils, I shall continue with my gathering of information and see if I can find an answer......

Edited by EmmaO - 28 March 2018 at 7:01pm
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2018 at 1:33pm
CDC is being scrapped isn't it? Power shifted to Bucks CC and locally? Off topic.
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2018 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by EmmaO EmmaO wrote:

...... Talking of the real ostriches.....My question one again is, we have 3 parish councillors on the CDC Planning Committee and another parish councillor who is also head of CDC. I believe we have some of them posting on this forum from behind pseudonyms (not counting Dickybird who is very up front about who she is), how did they let this happen?

IMHO... Oh that they actually had any real power to do anything about it! Until someone (I'll be PC) persuades the London centric ostriches that there is life outside of London the local councillors don't stand a cat in hell's chance to protect our local communities.

Art
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>