Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aggressive Brown Spaniel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aggressive Brown Spaniel
    Posted: 01 November 2017 at 11:40am
Just a warning to other dog walkers out there. There is a more mature lady with longer hair and a brown spaniel who walks on Mill Meadow. She is often exercising her dog with a ball thrower, I believe the spaniel is 2/3 years old. This dog attacked a puppy I was walking, running the whole length of Mill Meadow in order to do so. It also attacked another dog the week previously and yesterday another dog walker relayed to me that the spaniel had attacked their dog.

In all cases the lady shouted (and in my case swore, nice in front of my traumatized 8 year old) at the dog and said the dog was not known to be aggressive. In two cases the dog drew blood and in two cases small children were very close to the attacks and could've been injured. Clearly the dog IS known to be aggressive and she is irresponsible enough to keep allowing it off the lead so if you do see her it is better to keep your dog on lead and give them a very wide berth.......

The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
Sponsored Links

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 5:19pm
If what you have said is true Emma (and I have no reason to believe it isn't), its clearly another example of someone not considering their actions they have on others.  Whilst it shouldn't be, its part of society I'm afraid.
GXCSP View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 5:48pm
If had had happened to my daughter I would have literally kicked the @@@@ out of the dog
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 5:50pm
Yep GXCSP.  I couldnt agree more.
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 7:12pm
actually, the women should also be aware of the risk of being sued if somenone was injured

Edited by MV Owner - 01 November 2017 at 7:13pm
Libtek View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libtek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2017 at 1:02pm
What time was this? I have seen a young girl with a brown Staffie type dog who cannot control it and yells at us to put our dogs on a lead, and a woman with a collie who had a go at my dog,  but no brown spaniel.
Weekends are a bit like rainbows. They look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2017 at 2:31pm
Well the incident with me when I walked the puppy was a couple of weeks ago, think sunday 15th October, there was an incident the week before mine and there was another one the day before I wrote the post so 31st October. I thought 3 incidents was time to let people know!
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
lesleyr View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesleyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2017 at 3:25pm
I have lost count of the number of times somebody has said to me "oh its OK my dog is friendly and doesn't need to be on a lead" The simple fact is that unless you are exercising your dog on your own private land a dog should be on a lead at all times. We have a dog that has the worst fear aggression you have ever seen, but we exercise it on private land because despite us Being able to control her we have no control over other peoples dogs off the lead.

Post Reply Post Reply