Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anti-social behaviour again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anti-social behaviour again
    Posted: 26 October 2017 at 9:14am
Sometime after 11pm last night, as I was reading in bed, three or possibly four teenagers threw a large bottle of ('Ashbourne') water at my bedroom window. They missed and it fell short and hit the garage door. I went immediately to the window and saw them running down Rickmansworth Lane towards the Waggon & Horses. One wore a light coloured (white or possibly very pale grey) hoodie, and another wore a parka style anorak.

I went downstairs and saw the bottle had burst, leaving a clear trail of its trajectory. As I looked down the hill after them, I heard them laughing and also heard the sound of breaking glass from somewhere near the Waggon & Horses. I heard one of them shout 'you've broken a window!'. A few moments later, there was the sound of more glass breaking, and the teenagers came running and laughing, back up Rickmansworth Lane. They saw my husband and me standing at the gate and they turned and fled back down the hill again.

About an hour or so later, I spotted two of them walking back up Rickmansworth Lane. One of them said 'there's our bottle', and he picked up the now empty bottle and kicked it towards my neighbour's garden. They headed back up Rickmansworth Lane on the left hand side, towards the top of the common. Presumably, these lads live somewhere in Chalfont Common, and their parents must know they were out late last night (it's half-term week).

I did not call the police, since I believed the lads would have been long gone before they arrived. However, I got a good look at the youths and they may have been captured on my neighbour's CCTV. If anyone had a window broken last night, do let me know.   
Sponsored Links

watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2017 at 9:37am
Spotted something similar online from the Waggon and Horses Facebook page.  Might be worth reporting as otherwise the police will never know.
admarlow View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2017 at 11:15am
copied from the Waggon & Horses FB page :-

"Ok guys

Important is your Son out or just ran home wearing a cream off white hoody!!!! Dark bottoms

He has just been seen throwing a plant pot at a car parked out front of pub!!

He ran off up Rickmansworth lane but then ran back down, off towards village ........
We asked another lad who was wait for his father who said he known by name MAX!

His mate was in dark clothes with a bag.

Now either you come in and apologise for your antics or I will CONTACT ALL SCHOOLS and POLICE as this is a regular occurrence happening and unfortunately I now have a name.

IF ANYONE WISH TO MESSAGE ME OR OPENLY SHAME I BE GRATEFUL 
THOUGHT Chalfont was a nice area!!"

Sounds like the same lot that hang about outside McColls. Make sure the Police are kept up to date. 

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2017 at 12:29pm
Report it to the Police.
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2017 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Bucks <br /><br />About an hour or so later, I spotted two of them walking back up Rickmansworth Lane. One of them said 'there's our bottle', and he picked up the now empty bottle and kicked it towards my neighbour's garden. They headed back up Rickmansworth Lane on the left hand side, towards the top of the common.  Presumably, these lads live somewhere in Chalfont Common, and their parents must know they were out late last night (it's half-term week). <br />.   [/QUOTE Bucks

About an hour or so later, I spotted two of them walking back up Rickmansworth Lane. One of them said 'there's our bottle', and he picked up the now empty bottle and kicked it towards my neighbour's garden. They headed back up Rickmansworth Lane on the left hand side, towards the top of the common. Presumably, these lads live somewhere in Chalfont Common, and their parents must know they were out late last night (it's half-term week).
.   [/QUOTE wrote:

Re the empty bottle:-
Maybe it should be pointed out to the police for fingerprints

Re the empty bottle:-
Maybe it should be pointed out to the police for fingerprints

Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2017 at 1:09pm
I wouldn't bother with the CCTV and the police. When the Late forum member Jake caught some idiots vandalising his driveway on CCTV all the police did was lecture him about it somehow violating their human rights, the poor misunderstood cherubs.
lesleyr View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesleyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2017 at 4:39pm
If its the same gang of lads that hang about around mc colls , the police already have all there names. They have been causing trouble for a number of months now in chalfont and Gerrard's cross. The police need to be informed.
Rod View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2017 at 9:18pm
They obviously think that they are tough guys...wish they could be shown how tough they are by being sent to live in Syria...we are privelidged to live in such a lovely place...it.makes my blood boil when it is taken for granted and ruined. I hope that price have not been affected too badly by the mindless acts. Vigilance and raising it on line and with authorities is the only thing you can do
dickybird View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickybird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2017 at 11:04am
Seems there have been quite a few incidents in the village over the last few weeks - a van stolen, a few car break ins, 2 house robberies, shed thefts and some pretty destructive vandalism.  And these are ones I know of - there may obviously be even more Unhappy
Please can I ask anybody who has contacted the police regarding an incident over the last month to pm me?  I would like to confirm officially that these incidents are being reported, logged and treated as serious. Am also making enquiries about current CCTV coverage and, if there are indeed known suspects, is there a plan in place to stop them? 
May be that the more we know, the more that can be done...

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2017 at 12:31am
really sorry to say it but TVP are just not interested, they dont seem to care right now, - 

they dont have the resources and are powerless to do anything, 

if you call up after dark you speak to kiddlington,  ( who think chalfont is near thame )  and the nearest unit may be in wendover.....

some police ' SERVICE' we have now in 2017 !
need a stella and i need one now !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>