Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Be nice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barn Owl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Be nice
    Posted: 12 September 2017 at 8:23am
Just faced some road rage. In the eyes of the person who was so angry with me, I probably deserved it.

But here's the thing. We are all generally trying to do our best. So just for today - let's all calm down and try to be nice.
Sponsored Links

swej View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 9:37am
Absolutely ... well said Clap
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 5:29pm
Traffic gets worse every year in Chalfont St Peter and will sadly continue.

The general standard of driving, especially during rush hour and school drop & pick up is somewhat dangerous and very poor.🙁
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 9:50pm
Someone told me the A413 is being widened between Great Missenden / Wendover meaning it'll be dual carriageway all the way to Amersham I think. Just leaves the bit between Amersham and CSP.... I wonder... first proposed in the 1960's.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 10:28pm
general standards in driving is falling,  even worse now driving test excludes things like parallel parking but now includes  setting a destination in a sat nav....

i do alot of miles and see horrendous  things on the highway, (one of the worst culprits for poor driving is mini cabs ! )- road rage is a result of poor driving standards, drivers get cross at lack  of indication. poor observation and bad lane discipline, and idiots on the phone when behind the wheel...

Edited by big baggles - 13 September 2017 at 10:29pm
need a stella and i need one now !
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 11:12am
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

general standards in driving is falling,  even worse now driving test excludes things like parallel parking but now includes  setting a destination in a sat nav....

i do alot of miles and see horrendous  things on the highway, (one of the worst culprits for poor driving is mini cabs ! )- road rage is a result of poor driving standards, drivers get cross at lack  of indication. poor observation and bad lane discipline, and idiots on the phone when behind the wheel...

Couldn't agree more!

Seems these Uber mini cabs do all of the above.

Horrendous.
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
GODDESS View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GODDESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2017 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by brewski brewski wrote:

Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

Couldn't agree more!

i'm also glad that wonderful paliament  MPs and  some  police  came up with laws and practices respectively, to increase fines for bad drives and test them for drugs not just drinking. too many of our perfect offspring who never drive badly or while drunk or stoned, are injured or even killed by  such awful drivers
who needs "friends" when divine JESUS Says 'n' SHOWS HE LOVES ME
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2017 at 9:39am
Talk about driving standards .... due to a pre-booked cab that didn't turn up at Heathrow, (that's another story), as a last resort I got Uber and the driver drove 20 miles along the M25 & M3 with no lights on until another driver told him! He didn't seem to know the way to my house for the last few miles, I told him to turn right at the next turning, which he abruptly did even as traffic came racing towards us ... I suddenly saw my life flashing before me ... are these Uber drivers actually vetted? The Uber driver was foreign who could speak very little English.

P.S Is indicating 'going out of fashion'?

Edited by Rich Kid - 21 September 2017 at 2:59pm
swej View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2017 at 11:16am
There is a school of thought that says "Only indicate if it is necessary". I have had people actually say to me "I only indicate if I think it is needed". The problem with this view is it is subjective ... The person choosing to indicate or not has made a choice based on what THEY perceive to be necessary or not. Not what the other drivers or cyclists or pedestrians perceive as necessary.

And also, what is the point of indicating just as you start your turn. The word 'Indicate' means "suggest as a desirable or necessary course of action". It is absolutely pointless indicating once you have started your turn.

Hm ! Sorry to go on. It's one of my pet irritations when out on the road - people not indicating.

Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2017 at 11:40am
Likewise SWEJ my chief rant on the road is about people not indicating or indicating as they turn. My driving instructor said you should indicate once you see the turning and that your indicator should click at least 4 times before you turn.
Sunray
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>