Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

During my daily commute on the Chiltern Trains

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: During my daily commute on the Chiltern Trains
    Posted: 11 August 2017 at 8:55pm
All,

During my daily commute on the Chiltern Trains I find myself getting increasingly frustrated with people who either put their feet on the seats (despite there being polite signage not to do so) and people using their mobile phones in the quiet zone (despite there being polite signage not to do so and an automated audible announcement).

Is if just me that gets irritated by such inconsiderate people?

Cheers

MV

Edited by MV Owner - 11 August 2017 at 8:56pm
Sponsored Links

ma0nps View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ma0nps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2017 at 10:27pm
Not on your own by a country mile I expect!, For me the pet peeve is people who sit in the aisle seat hoping that it'll put people off sitting next to them. I pretty much always ask them to move (rather than take an easier option) just because I can.
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2017 at 10:48pm
Yes I do that!

One day I walked onto a completely empty carriage where a young guy was there with his presumably new girlfriend.  I politely asked him to take his feet off the seats as others would have to later sit there.  He asked if I was joking to which I replied no and I requested he did so I could sit there.  After some pressure from his new girlfriend he did.  I then sat there and the three of us enjoyed a jolly trip from Marylebone to Gerrards Cross in an empty carriage with the three of us crushed on top of eachother!!

I have a certain  friend who has taken a major dislike to cyclists who smell on the train who presumably don't wash their kit

Edited by MV Owner - 11 August 2017 at 10:54pm
Rod View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2017 at 9:18pm
My main problem with the Chiltern line is that on a busy train at 6.37am to London...when there is standing room only...people are able to take full size mountain bikes on and leave them across at least one third of the standing area. This means that the other poor souls have to crush together and also run the risk of getting sort from the tyres of the bike over their work trousers. These trains are for people...not transporting large prices of equipment...whays next? Someone trying to drive their Smart car on the train because they have a distance to travel at the other end? I am very tempted to just take the bike out and throw it on the platform next time that isn't much room. Sorry but it is infuriating.
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2017 at 9:27pm
Rod you sound pretty damn furious. 

The perfect storm would be a cyclist in the quiet zone, on the phone with their feet on the seats with smelly armpits.  That really is a recipe for train rage
Rod View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2017 at 6:54am
I just think that the train is for passengers not large prices of equipment...for example a moped is as small as some of these bikes...but this would be frowned upon...we seem to have let the team GB cycling success cloud reasonable judgment about behaviour from cyclists.
GODDESS View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GODDESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2017 at 11:31am
i once got almost bullied  by one of these deluded women "princess for a day" syndrome;  months  back she might have managed to bag a loser and enslave him, like in Bridezilla series. she was so rude , I wonder if she had heard of  pricer  1st  class carriage ,  private chaffeur  driven limo, or even Privately-owned  train and aeroplanes since  she wanted to be  treated as if. She expected me , an old lady, to make so much room for her .
These deluded "ladies"  put lavish weddings on credit card, book big restaurants and mansions etc to be  "princess for a day"  but , despite having  no more money for travel later , carry on with that  attitude as if they were somebody or the world owed them something. After all even  "real "  princess, lateDiana, waitie- katie, etc   are nothing special, unlike dentists, engineers, surgeons, doctors
who needs "friends" when divine JESUS Says 'n' SHOWS HE LOVES ME
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2017 at 12:10pm
what exactly are you going on about Goddess
GXCSP View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2017 at 6:30pm
For once I agree with MV. What on Earth was that ?
Rod View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 7:30am
That post is very Eric Cantona...nice one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>