Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Campers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 11:59am
I'm always curious how it is the Parish Council's responsibility, yet as far as I know the 'Lord of the Manor' David someone or other who's Dad bought a seemingly worthless title in the 60's and he turned it into a money making operation charging for access to people's driveways etc isn't responsible instead?  These facts could be wrong, but it is what I was told about 15 years ago. He should sort it out in my opinion...
Sponsored Links

dogwalker View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 1:27pm
The corner shop on the common has restricted entrance to his shop to only two people at a time. A line of 15 campers have formed outside waiting for there turn to go in. Even doing this he claims stuff is being stolen.
dogwalker View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 1:30pm
You are correct David Baldwin is the Lord of the Manor, but the Parish Council has had the responsibility for maintaining the common since the 1920's.
The common is one of the biggest asset's in the village.
ian View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 1:51pm
Handy stores should only allow one in at a time
Chuckles View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 2:06pm
Any sign of TVP presence, or is that too much to hope for?
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 2:23pm
It was reported to TVP on refrerence number 1701 dated 18 July
dogwalker View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 2:42pm
Walking the dog just now to be surrounded by gypsy kids swearing at me. Nice. Just avoid the common until they are gone.
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 2:45pm
According to Facebook, more of these scumbags have turned up, loose dogs running amok, kids on motorcycles, horses by the shelter and not one TVP officer to be seen.

Welcome to Britian 2017.

Edited by brewski - 19 July 2017 at 2:46pm
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
ian View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 2:49pm
and because they could act violently the kids illegally riding around on bikes cannot be dealt with. let's hope we are rid of them by the weekend and can put preventative measures in place to stop them returning

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 2:54pm
i had heard that TVP firearms unit have been notified of their presence as its thought these travellers have been seen with shotguns at a previous illegal campsite

its a shame the organised traveller site on the  road out of beaconsfield towards coleshill was trashed some years ago as they would then have had somewhere to park up before they carried on with their 'travelling' 
need a stella and i need one now !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>