Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Green Fence

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Green Fence
    Posted: 05 July 2017 at 7:39pm
THE ..... GREEN......FENCE
Sponsored Links

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2017 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Chilternman Chilternman wrote:

THE ..... GREEN......FENCE

Please!! Tell more.
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2017 at 9:59pm
If you haven't seen it you soon will
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2017 at 10:05pm
Oh god I haven't seen it either......
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2017 at 5:08am
Looks a disgrace.
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
dickybird View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickybird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2017 at 7:52am
Oh Chilternman, every time that I think it can't get worse, it does.
The fence is hideous - i assume that it is only a temporary screen while they build there but nothing will surprise me... Shocked
MarkF View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2017 at 9:53am
Driving to work this morning I have to admit my feeling was anger. That fence is an absolute disgrace and completely out of place in a village. I am assuming it is permanent as they have painted it.

So, what do we need to do? Who do we need to petition? That monstrosity cannot remain.
swej View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2017 at 10:19am
MarkF - those were exactly our thoughts as we drove past this morning ... some sort of petition?. It also makes us angry. Who authorises this kind of rubbish?  Angry
MarkF View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2017 at 10:40am
I have rung the Parish Council. They say they are powerless as it is private land.

Anyway before we jump to conclusions, there is the possibility that this is temporary, and whilst hideous would not be permanent.

The parish council have given me the name and contact details of the site manager. I will ring him and post his response back.

If the response is that this is permanent, we need someone to advise on who would be the body we need to petition. If not Parish Council I am assuming it would be the District Council.

Does anyone know where the Holy Cross plans are online so we can see what is planned to be erected there?
MarkF View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2017 at 10:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>