Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lower Road failed road surface enquiry 40043236
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lower Road failed road surface enquiry 40043236

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lower Road failed road surface enquiry 40043236
    Posted: 30 June 2017 at 7:32pm
Dear All,

Lower Road failed road surface between Rouse Court and Oak End Way has been reported to Transport for Bucks under enquiry number 400432236.

Regards

MV Owner
Sponsored Links

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2017 at 7:28pm
No plans to address the failed road surface.  A complaint has been raised to TFB
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2017 at 9:35am
if the failure is not bad enough then they will not fix it....

wait another month until some one hurts themselves or a vehicle is damaged and a claim is made and then see, 

i made a claim  for a damaged alloy wheel ... still waiting to see if they will settle on it ....
need a stella and i need one now !
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2017 at 10:29am
The report to TfB was made to try to prevent someone being injured or someones car being damaged.

It has been publisiced here to ensure anyone affected is aware that the road was reported to TfB
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2017 at 11:50am
How long was Packhorse Road a "failed" road surface before it was finally resurfaced?

Disgraceful, but sadly pot holes are way down the list of money priorities. HS2, foreign aid are deemed more important & beneficial to the country!😵
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2017 at 12:16pm
Probably true Brewski.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2017 at 12:24pm
there was a pothole on packhorse road up until about a month ago , around 4 inches deep and 9 inches across, this bent my wifes alloy wheel ......

TFB were notified  in the preceding days about it - but considered it not serious enough to fix...

i am now in negotiations on the cost /damage to the wifes car....they're very slow in communications....

but they do accept the pothole was eventually bad enough  it needed a fix..... just not a few days before when my wife managed to go into it ! 
need a stella and i need one now !
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2017 at 12:26pm
My experience of potholes and the online tool is that someone just reviews the submissions and then closes them as quickly as possible (perhaps with a view to stop reports building up).  I would suggest TfB will just try to wear you down by being slow and dicking you around.  I spoke to an executive car driver who took us to heathrow about TfB responding to potholes.  He said he had been succesful in a number of claims by just being relentless
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2017 at 12:27pm
sometimes, you have to be a pain in the backside baggles
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2017 at 12:29pm
They were in deinal about the road outside Thorpe School in Oval way. so i contacted the school and we made a pain in the backside on a joint basis and then they resurfaced the road.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>