Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 8:14am
Thanks Art, i'll delete.  I have bought duplicates of a few of these cards (accidentally) so might happen again, especially the popular ones.
Sponsored Links

ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2017 at 6:05pm
Page 9 Denham Lane "I'd hazard a guess the side road is Nortoft Road, but not convinced."

You should be convinced, the house with the white 'eyebrow' over the upstairs window is still there.

Art
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 2:02pm
Great picture today 15/8/17 love the old carts in the High Street, I see the roads were not good in those days, not much has changed!
Sunray
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2017 at 7:28am
The Italian Garden was to the left hand side of the main house. I 'think' that not much of it had survived to the 50/60's but the line of it has been preserved between the offices that have been built on the site. Also have a look at this old Pathe News Clip

Art

Edited by ArtB - 23 September 2017 at 7:31am
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2017 at 7:41pm
Page 11 - "The Parish Church and vicarage taken from the meadows (presumably now the car park).  No post marked date."

I think just a little further away: From the allotments with the white fence being the boundary to Church Lane with the site of the school (site)  on the other side of the bushes.

Art
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2017 at 5:58pm
View of Kings Waye from Chalfont Park golf club. 

That confused me for a bit until I realised that the obvious road is Austenway. Very interesting how wide the Misbourne was back then.

Art
Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2017 at 7:09pm
I can't see the picture?
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Chilternman Chilternman wrote:

I can't see the picture?

Did you look in the "Old Village Photos" thread or, is that where you can't see the photo? This thread is the discussion thread associated with the pictures.

Art

Edited by ArtB - 08 October 2017 at 6:58am
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 9:14pm
Didn't even occur to me it was the Misbourne.
Chuckles View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 12:16pm
http://chalfontstpeter.com/forum/uploads/6/gold-hill-swings-1973.jpg

Is the building to the left where Handy Stores is now? I would have thought that the shops and attached townhouses were older than 1973...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>