Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

parish council AGM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 8:37pm
Nothing will be done on lower road until the residents force something to be done, and that won't happen until people decide to work together and form a residents group and that won't happen until somebody is prepared to run the residents group! The NAG did a lot of work and only 30% of Lower Road residents replied which is pretty abysmal. They've put together recommendations and even offered to help us set it up. I can only assume Seer Green residents lobbied as hard as Croft Road. I also think it is bad that TFB don't just sort it out but given the current financial climate thats not going to happen so you know the adage about if you want something doing.......
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
Sponsored Links

Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2017 at 9:05am
My Mother lives in Seer Green and it seems no one wanted those double yellows!! The workmen just turned up one day and painted them on!
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2017 at 7:04pm
dave, you know the hassle we have had over the years, so having spoken to the parish and bucks cc we approached bucks highways to have the driveway protection markings put on the road so as to deter people from parking across our drive, 

the cost was about £100, so in nov 2016 i sent my cheque for the lines..... i requested  that the council email  or write to  acknowledge receipt of payment,  i heard nothing, but noticed cheque wasnt cashed....  then  came home in march 2017 to find the lines painted ...

thought nothing of it until november 2017 when my cheque was posted back to me  as it was now over 6 months old it couldnt be cashed...apparently.... no wonder bucks cc finances are in a mess, they then asked for a new cheque for payment !
need a stella and i need one now !
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

thought nothing of it until november 2017 when my cheque was posted back to me  as it was now over 6 months old it couldnt be cashed...apparently.... no wonder bucks cc finances are in a mess, they then asked for a new cheque for payment !

You'll probably find that they're not allowed to cash the cheque until the work is completed, either by law or to ensure that they don't have to re-imburse if they don't do it (which would be a real headache for them I suspect.

Art
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 10:10pm
We need double yellow lines all over the village and as a minimum on on side so that roads are used for what they were made for, travelling on not parking on! It really has nothing to do with residents on the Lower Rd for example as they have off st parking but those who have to exit the village every day are finding it increasingly difficult to drive down it safely and I know there will be an accident, just imagine how it will be when the new village in the Holy Cross site start to pour out. I can see it getting gridlocked as it almost is now. This once was a beautiful village and one of the best views was looking across Gold Hill Common, now it is lined with cars every day, cars park anywhere they like completely blocking pavements, opposite junctions, opposite other cars potentially blocking emergency services.
So why the complete lack of any action from whoever is responsible, surely there are many people who are as irritated by this as me
Garry View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 8:49am
The problem with yellow lines is that they are not enforced, you can see that by the way people park anywhere they like in the village, also you are just pushing the problem elsewhere.
The councils are failing in their duty by consistently allowing planning permission of commercial buildings with a clear lack of adequate parking. As the commercial side of the village has expanded dramatically over the years the car parking facilities have not, there is no room for the workers in the village to park, There should be another car park for long stay parking charging say £2 per day or you could purchase a season ticket then you could yellow line the necessary roads and enforce the parking.
Baggles perfectly summed up the council in my opinion with his story of the cheque and paying for the lines outside his drive, inadequate, failing to serve their community, I wish people would treat the council elections like they they do their MP's, then maybe our councils would improve.
Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 7:26pm
I don't agree, whilst I know there is a lot of illegal parking I am sure that a set of double yellows on one side would keep roads flowing and yes people would have to park elsewhere but I believe it is important to have proper access to everywhere and this ridiculous mentality of parking on both sides and effectively reducing a two lane road to one lane has to be addressed. I did notice two cars clamped last week and some more of this would sharpen the mind. At the moment nothing is being done and it needs to be as the Holy Cross development will bring everything to a stop.
lesleyr View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesleyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 10:08pm
Another place I have noticed that parking has got really bad recently is directly outside the jolly farmers.
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 10:02am
poor parking outside the jolly farmers,  along the road by the clock on the common ( right up to the bend )  also along by the end of orchard grove, in around the middle school, along the vale and also the lower road, and also parking by the end of the kingsway/ lower road junction were all raised at the parish council AGM, parking around the community college and the small residential close and the also up by the NSE development, and the bottom end of joiners lane were also raised...

councillor david martin spoke about these issues becoming more of an issues now with increased parking in the village...

but as was also stated by david martin and others we need a holistic view- by adding double yellow lines it potentially raises two further issues, one is it moves the problem not solves it, and enforcement....

if lower road was  changed to double yellow lines,  -would drivers choosing to avoid the cost of parking in the public car parks just choose to park along say the kingsway instead ? or chiltern hill or other surrounding ' residential ' roads, so all you do is move the problem elsewhere...

and the second issue is enforcement,  double yellow lines are fine if there is someone there enforcing the rules and issuing tickets to those who contravene the regulations.... if no one gets a ticket the yellow lines are just ' road art' ...totally pointless...

see outside mr crusty !  -double yellows and always vehicles parked there....no enforcement of the  restriction.

there are so few  traffic enforcement officers for rural areas , when we met with the council  after the AGM to raise some traffic issues i think i remember being told there are about 16 full time traffic wardens for bucks, and these officers tend to be in milton keynes, aylesbury, wycombe ,etc and less utilisation of their services in village locations, we kind of get them on a rota scheme every now and then...

we were told that the village car parks are inadequate for the village and those who travel here to work now... we were also told the free parking by the community centre is also now very often full...

personally i walk down the village pretty much every day through the church road car park, and during the day there is always spaces, - the only time it seems full is at school pick up time.

the community centre is the same, usually spaces during the day by the centre or by the football club....

simple fact is people will do anything to avoid the pay and display charges, they park anywhere they can to avoid any form of cost, they park on yellow lines, on zig zags on pavements because the rules are not enforced, and until that changes we will have to put up with it...

the idiots who park on the apex of junctions along the vale are starting to learn, about half a dozen cars have now been hit by HGVs  delivering to the builders merchants , these lorry drivers are just trying to do 3 point turns to get away after making deliveries, but ignorant tight drivers trying to save a parking fee park on the white lines painted on the corners of the junctions  making it both impossible for the truck drivers to turn, but also making normal observation for car drivers very tricky, so cars get smashed...

so pay a daily parking fee, or park on a junction get your car scraped,  no witnesses, and pay your insurance excess/ higher premiums...? you take your pick !
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 10:09am
if you have ongoing parking issues, document it, dates times photos, - contact police if its a dangerous matter or an obstruction,  if its vehicles parked on an existing parking restriction, its an enforcement issue call chiltern dc !

but most of all, document it, and raise it at council level, or  go to your parish council agm, or meeting, 

make this lot earn their keep ! they have jobs to do , they should do it !  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>