Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

M&S and Costa Rumour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2017 at 8:11pm
the planning notice is now stuck to the launderette window, looks like costa is moving forward quickly
need a stella and i need one now !
Sponsored Links

CharlieB View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2017 at 11:44am
Looks like M&S definitely going ahead as I've just received a letter of notice on behalf of M&S applying for permission for 'Installation of Plant and Screening' and 'Erection of two trolley Bays and external alterations'.
CharlieB
ian View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2017 at 11:49am
Like I keep saying - M&S opening in November

Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2017 at 1:02pm
Many folks are, however, boycotting Costa, following the recent revelations about (1) highest levels of human faeces in their coffee compared to other coffee chains, and (2) the assertion by the Costa manager at Waterloo Station that it is against the law for them to sell you food which you intend to give to a homeless person.

But a huge welcome to Marks & Spencer, who actually donate their left over food to the homeless.
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2017 at 4:35pm
Agreed, M&S will be a fantastic addition and boost to the precinct.
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2017 at 4:35pm
I hope it's not the same people who said they were boycotting Tesco, that didn't last long! ;)
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
lesleyr View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesleyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2017 at 11:13pm
I suspect if they tested independent coffee shops they would find similar results. There are good ones and bad ones, chains and independants.M&S and Costa will bring business to the village and independants shops will benefit from that.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2017 at 12:22pm
still like my coffee from halls - :-)
need a stella and i need one now !
Marie View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 4:20pm
I've just seen a planning application has been submitted for a change of use from Financial to A1 for a delicatessen to go in the old HSBC site
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 4:31pm
Exciting!!
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>