Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The George

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2017 at 9:00pm
Give them a chance!

That's the problem with society today, no sticking power. If something doesn't work first time it gets written off! From what I understand this is a family run business, so they will be learning the ropes quickly. They are not Starbucks.

I for one am delighted to welcome them to our village and wish them the best of luck. And I haven't even tried them yet !
Sponsored Links

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2017 at 10:19pm
Fair point GXCSP, perhaps I was a little harsh.

But unfortunately, we are in the age of trip advisor, value for money and right first time and If I was planning the opening of a restaurant, I would make sure that when someone phones to book a table that there is someone there to pickup the phone.

Edited by MV Owner - 06 August 2017 at 10:20pm
ian View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 8:44am
We used to have a great tapas place where the new Chinese restaurant is now. For some reason it only lasted a few months. Hopefully this one will do better. I googled "la bodega chalfont st peter" and no website comes up. Anyone know what their site is? 
GXCSP View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 8:53am
Appearing on Google is not as easy as you think it is !
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 8:58am
We were going to try the tapas last night but they were closed for a wedding which was in full swing! Stuck our head around the door on Friday and they were really welcoming and friendly and the decor looked very nice. Having had chinese last week we decided to have an indian. Normally we get takeaway from Maliks but we walked up to Raj Darbar, having had a less than satisfactory experience earlier in the year at another popular village curry house, what a great meal we had. Excellent food and service and very reasonable bill. I was thinking, good indian (or indians depending on your favourite!), awesome chinese in Chef Zhu, hopefully a great Tapas, couple of nice pubs, especially the Oaks, we could become a foodie destination, fingers crossed. The sports shop has taken a deal to leave the precinct, will be very sad to see them go but it also means we'll the M&S is full steam ahead, Costa, new Deli, feels like and upward trajectory..............
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 9:02am
Ian, Maybe they haven't added a site yet, I think this is their other restaurant:

http://www.labodegaflackwellheath.com/

Do you mean Boncena? They were nice, we had two meals in there that were great and then it went rapidly downhill, think a falling out with the chef or something, can't remember but suddenly the food was terrible or you'd order and it wasn't available and then they suddenly closed......
ian View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 11:23am
Could have been Boncena - can't remember the name - but it was good for the short time it was here.

I looked at the Flackwell Heath menu on the site. If the Chalfont menu is the same, then unfortunately this is not somewhere I will be in a hurry to try out

EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 12:27pm
Funny how different things appeal to different people, I think the choices look lovely, can't wait to try it out! The menu is in up outside our tapas restaurant if you want to check, hopefully somebody will report a visit soon! Think we'll go next weekend sometime.
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 6:40pm
It helps if you structure  the search argument: "Chalfont St Peter" "la bodega" but it only appears to give company info.

Art
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
GXCSP View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2017 at 9:03am
I found this in about 10 seconds ...

https://m.facebook.com/labodegaChalfontSt.Peter/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>