Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The George

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2017 at 4:25pm
Another excellent addition to the village. Can't wait.
Sponsored Links

Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2017 at 3:42pm
The sign is up, "La Bodega Tapas" the tables are laid, hanging baskets and window boxes are in place, does anyone know when it is opening?
Sunray
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2017 at 8:40am
i heard it opens ...well like now... ? maybe this weekend ?
need a stella and i need one now !
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2017 at 12:23pm
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2017 at 12:41pm
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2017 at 12:50pm
Can't help you!

Edited by brewski - 05 August 2017 at 12:50pm
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
CharlieB View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2017 at 2:36pm
Yes it's open.  I was in there last night for a meal.  It's been done out really well, food was really really good.  Speaking to the owner he was quite happy with a quiet opening rather than making a big fanfare about it as helps the staff get used to things, the chefs and everyone get used to it all as things first open.
You could tell the staff were getting used to the new billing devices and little things like that but they were really friendly and really good with the kids.
My sister had been in there a lunch time with couple of friends and the kids.  She asked if they had any colouring pens, they didn't, but with that 15 mins later they had been to the shops and provided colouring pencils for the kids.  Little things like that can make a difference.
It has an open kitchen and a long bar where you can sit and have a drink too.
It servers tapas plus main meals so bit of a mix.
Well worth a visit.
CharlieB
PeaBee View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeaBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2017 at 9:23pm
Went in early this eve. Service and food very good but by 8 pm they were virtually full and decided against desert/coffee as there weren't enough staff to to cope. Bill took an age. I am sure they will learn from this .   The secret is probably not to go on Friday or Saturday evenings. Went to good old Madeira for coffee.
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2017 at 9:54pm
Tried to phone this evening to book a table, no answer.

Must be mega busy!
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2017 at 11:45pm
Your opening night has to be good.  No one picking up the phone, absolutely unbelievable and if basics like that cant be sorted the business wont last

Edited by MV Owner - 05 August 2017 at 11:47pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>